iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood windfall

Started by jargo432, August 06, 2014, 07:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jargo432

I posted here a few months ago how here in the oil fields they use a dozer and just push a group of trees in a pile and let them rot, and how I've hinted that I'd like to cut them up for firewood.  Well, one of the pumpers gave my name to a landowner that wants me to "get the wood off my land".  From what I'm told the elect company came through and cut 3 miles of oak trees down, stacked it up along the side and left it all there.  Acording to the pumper it's already cut up as firewood and stacked, the landowner just wants it off his land.  Wow, 3 miles worth.  That's gonna take a while.

So, just a warning for you guys and gals out there.... Be carefull what you ask for.  :D
Jack of all trades.

Magicman

This should be interesting to watch.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

You better get started on that project!!  Better call a few friends too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

He just said he wants " the wood gone?"  is it all up to you?  sounds like anything gone is better than none. Unless you feel obligated to do the whole of it.  It could be a massive wind fall, and on the other hand a massive pain in the rear. At least there are no time constraints that I saw in your post.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!