iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just a couple pics

Started by Stephen Alford, June 01, 2014, 07:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Alford

It has been quite a winter, just 2" shy of 14' of snow. Well its over wt restrictions have been off for a couple of weeks and things have improved a lot.  Just in from the shed getting gear ready for the morning. Man maybe I need meds, when blowing crap from your saws and listening to cbc makes you happy its time ?????   :D
  Just wanted to contribute so here are a couple pics from the woodlot.

logon

CCC4

Nice pics Sir! Good lookin' vittles also!!

chester_tree _farmah

Very cool. Is that typical terrain up your way?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

whitepine2

You didn't run over that saw did ya?  Looked bad from the pic.

thecfarm

The garden has been keeping me busy. I'm a itching to get the chainsaw in my hands.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

I liked em all, but the last one was my favorite.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

David-L

Love the pic's, what is that escape ladder on the skidder for? nice the red soil and good looking snacks on the grill.. Busy down here planting and doing cordwood. 

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

celliott

I didn't like that yellow birch barber chair  :o I assume you're alright since you're posting and still cutting  :)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Stephen Alford

Thank you CCC4, speakin of vittles, after watching your last video you best slow down and have yourself some cause winter will be here in 165 days. "just sayin"   :D  Here is a pic for you, I think the tears made some of em rust.   :laugh:

Well CTF I guess it is typical for me, with respect to cover type and slope.  There are some more pics in my gallery. I do not seem to have a camera icon but you can get there via user gallery.  :)
   White Pine 2 no saws were injured in the making of the pics, well at least not this time.   :D  I usually place one of the twins in the pic to give a bit of a size perspective.
   Cfarm time for some more rockin photos.  :)
   Wmfritz, wanted to have a pic of some spring crustations, but the water temps are to cold for the lobster to travel. Those yellow birch logs at the landing will be bartered for said lobsters asap.
  David L those tractors had a steel seat that would keep your butt froze all summer. brrrrrr...  Got to get some maintenance done soon, a pic of my ol hoss ended ended up on the "wall of shame" last week.

Celliott that birch was a "barber" from the get go. Thought it was a good pic as an example for someone to see one that had not.  The smaller dia reduces cut options. It had a bad lean to the right from the wind,plus it was a birch,plus growing out into a hole in the canopy created by a large deadfall.  I have see barbers that resulted from to small a notch to accomodiate the tree dia. as well.   :) I get the sense that safety is a priority for you as well. Go easy.
logon

thecfarm

I did saw off a stump today. And dug rocks. As my FIL says,I could find something better to do than dig rocks. No sense in telling him I get sick of mowing around 50 rocks and then forgetting where some are or have always made it over it in the past and then hitting the mower on it. ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

North River Energy

Your winch has a rather sinister looking sidekick. 
Nicknamed Cassius, by chance?

sandhills

I really enjoyed the pictures, not much of that goes on in my neighborhood, but I do have a question, all the equiptment looks right but around here the boats are usually in the water?   :D

Ken

Thanks Stephen.  Is that your big dozer?  I could sure use one that size for a few days.  Looks dry there.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

tj240

should have bore cut the birch. is that skidder an o;d cat? like the pusher on the arch our tj has something similar not quite as long
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Stephen Alford

David L put that ladder on last winter. The winter apparel added to the "in and out" .Figured in those conditions that was where an incident could happen. With the understory I still prefer the visual from the cab.  :)
   Cfarm, you should be planting a tree adjacent to every rock, when your mowing you will know where the rocks are and from your discription of your land you would have one heck of a forest in no time.  ;D
   NRE, that side kick has a name for sure but if I were to share it  "you should know better" would be all you would see.  :D
   Sandhills  those ol boats will get a proper send off this fall. It will involve something call a "24" and a bunch of lads telling stories with one holding a burnt match.  Some end up as what could only be described as a "bilge barge" say no more.

Not my dozer Ken  :'(   Hope your recover is coming along, you should have an easy time finding someone to play golf with, partners not so much.  :D
   TJ240 its an ol Tree Farmer. Lowered the arch to try and give it a lower profile " look". The black paint was an effort to help hide her at night. The pusher was motivated by a post by Offthebeaten path and inspired by unhooker.  Works great it was 3'6" ibeam. Also gives a great place to stand while attaching to a tree.

logon

thecfarm

Stephen,I planted a bird house around some of the rocks. Have to mow around the rock,might just as well have a bird house there too.

Ed_K

Need some extra work  ;D. Rent a compressor an jackhammer and knock to tops off. This where I decided doing homeowner tree work wasn't for me  >:( .
Ed K

bushmechanic

Ahh I love your pictures stephen and that's my favorite bbq sauce too. The ol doll is looking fine as always. Are you sure there isn't any newfie in you cause your pretty ingenious in your ways? I was hoping to get over to PEI this summer and do a bit of sightseeing but not sure if I can talk the wife into it. Keep the pics comming my friend. 8) 

Stephen Alford

September and early October is the best time  ,IMO, water is warm, jellyfish gone and harvest is on. Be sure and tell your wife to pack some overalls and not to worry about bringing handcleaner we got lots.  Talking her into coming should be a walk on the beech, after all ya talked her into marring you.   :D :D

logon

Stephen Alford

Thought I should mention that I am curantly working two jobs.  Hang in there Autocar it will come and you will be looking for a break.  One job is for a farmer with a lot of multiple stems.

Just can't say enough about how great the tree pusher has been.

The other job is clearing for a pit. These pics are from  up top.

It all goes for firewood. One customer puts windows in the rows for better air circulation.

Have always wanted to post a nice wildlife pic, well missed my chance this am. What an awesome toad. Guess I will have to go with what I got. This is a local chapter of the FF. Hanging out on top of the the wood shear used for firewood. They are Shearman, Braceyourself,Headsup, Hydraulic68. Oh  and the one that appears to be talking while the other listen is still to be named.   ???    :D :D

logon

Ed_K

A small job I'm doing,3 acre wildlife clear cut.I'm leaving apple-oak-cherry-smooth bark hickory,and a couple white birch.
First picture is of work done.

Second is the pile.

Third is a picture of work yet to be done.

hope this worked,been awhile since I tried pictures.
Ed K

chester_tree _farmah

Yup they came through just fine Ed. Nice looking work. What will u do with the slash?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Ed_K

Brush piles are along the edge of the cut and have to stay.The land owner has to wait 10 yrs then brush mow it again. It's mostly for song bird habitat.
Ed K

chester_tree _farmah

Very cool. U can't leave slash piles in Maine anymore. Maybe if it is a special situation like this u can.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Ron Scott

Some good photos of tree length logging.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!