iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

att: Jeff B

Started by papow22, April 28, 2011, 11:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papow22

On your album pg 10,below and to the rite of the photo of black eye peas  is the the picture of of a thing that I've been looking for and hoping to buy a new one if at all possible.(Outdoor whatsit) is what I remember my late father was told that it was called a fish grapple.But I use it for grabbing beavers or muskrats.For I'm a reg. trapper.I grab fish with a net ;D
Lives to do sawdust,run a trapline,hunt big game,live life to it's most.Got 4 mills a circle mill,(2 band sawmills) Norwood's 2000, Trim Saw,Beam Machine (chainsaw mill).

SwampDonkey

Maybe it's not for sale. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

My antique one is not for sale. :)    That photo appeared in this thread here.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,28953.msg417553.html#msg417553

You can buy modern versions at basspro shop

http://www.basspro.com/Fish/-Frog-Grabber/product/37124/-890342
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ely

i got one of those from my grandpas shed, it worked very well. i got the bright idea to put an edge on it to go along with the sharp holding points.... not a good idea, after that it was only good for chopping a 3 pound bass in half.

Slabs

Ah!!  Old redneck institution, "Lassoing Bass".  Illegal in many states.  We usually made our own with a cane pole and piano wire/picture hanging wire or leader wire and an old rod eyelet.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

SwampDonkey

Kind of along the lines of jigging, that will land you a nice fine and loss of fishing privileges.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Swamp,

Depended on what you were jigging and where. Newfoundlanders know well the tales of the squid jigging ground There's even a song bout it... (http://www.myspace.com/thechieftains/music/songs/the-squid-jiggin-ground-larry-o-gaff-28375793)

And jigging for cod was the traditional method before the days of the longliners...

Herb

SwampDonkey

That's not fresh water fishing though. And thoswe days of jigging cod was when they was thick as sardines, no more. The Federal fisheries have shut down the eastern cod fishing in Canada. Everyone else seems to do what they want. That part of the reason for a seal hunt. All the Cartney fans hate to see them baby faces harvested. :D

Thank You Sponsors!