iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw Production numbers wanted.

Started by shelbycharger400, March 07, 2014, 06:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbycharger400

I have a m14 belsaw with the 42 in insert tooth blade.

Im looking at buying a 60 hp case combine engine, its complete with radiator the bellhousing, 4 belt live pulley ect as it came out of the machine. .has a hydraulic pump on it,  and its distributor. Ill switch it to mag.  (I know its owner) Its clean, ect ect.

I Have the auto feed for the mill, it was a belt drive mill.

I looked, it has 2 1/2 in teeth, summer shanks ... and one has a crack in the hole  :-\  its going to a saw doc before I run it, Im replacing all the shanks. 

What kind of production numbers are you getting with your mills?  Im looking at primarly running pine, but have oak and elm, and ash too.

Possum Creek

I am just a puttermiller so I can't say much about production. The belsaw can saw faster than many other types of mills but for me sawing alone I have found shoveling dust, handling slabs and trying to cut down oversize logs wastes a lot of time. That combine engine sounds good, I would like to find one myself. I believe with a good  setup sawing small to medium pine you could get pretty good production. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.   PC

bandmiller2

Shelby, studies have been done and found that on a handset mill (mayby all) saw is only in the log about 20% of the time. material handling is where improvments can be made. A good helper can greatly boost output, if your alone your output will be limited, wish I could be specific. Belsaw is better in some reguards because the power plant (tractor) is in the rear and you can walk around the saw easily. More output than a bandmill. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

shelbycharger400

It's the plan to get it setup this year.  I don't have room to really run it here but up north I could.    Plan is totally portable,   folding trailer.    Plus upnorth closer to logs so $ is cheaper

Thank You Sponsors!