iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boat and berg

Started by Quebecnewf, May 29, 2012, 06:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Took this pic today just west of my village. My boat and a BIG berg

Got some bergy bits for that special drink of single malt scotch. This type of ice is very dense and melts in the drink very very slowly

Quebecnewf

sprucebunny

Great photo !!!
Is the whole iceberg dense or is it denser at the bottom ?
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Quebecnewf

It is a very big solid block of rock hard ice. 9/10ths is under water. This berg even had its own waterfall on the other side. It was windy and rough on that side so we could not get any pics.

Quebecnewf

sandhills

If 9/10s of that is under water that would make for a LOT of those special drinks!  :D  That's a really neat picture!

LeeB

is the ice fresh or salt water? when saltwater freezes does it stay salt or loose the salt?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

snowstorm

Quote from: Quebecnewf on May 29, 2012, 06:55:02 PM
Took this pic today just west of my village. My boat and a BIG berg

Got some bergy bits for that special drink of single malt scotch. This type of ice is very dense and melts in the drink very very slowly

Quebecnewf
i can see its a novi boat lets hear more about it.

lumberjack48

Is the boat Detroit powered ?
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

snowstorm

Quote from: lumberjack48 on May 30, 2012, 05:30:45 PM
Is the boat Detroit powered ?
some were. a lot of those novi boats were made of spruce. oak frames planked in spruce. the downeast boats made in maine were oak frames with cedar planking

Quebecnewf

Ice berg is fresh water. If you cut blocks of salt water ice and fill your Ice house (as they did years ago in this region) you will have fresh ice as well . The salt goes out of it somehow.

Boat is Fiberglass hull built in Nova Scotia with a JD powerplant 125 hp

Quebecnewf

Thank You Sponsors!