iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rainy Night in Georgia

Started by Sixacresand, March 19, 2013, 09:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Anybody getting logs downed by last night's storm?    A large pine fell at the city park last night during a storm.   I left my name at city hall and told them I would like to have the log part.  One also fell in my yard.  Storms downed trees and beetle killed trees are the main reason I bought a mill.  I hate seeing good trees rotting or burned as firewood.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Gasawyer

Not much damage up here. Have to go haul a few that got blown down on the north side of the county, maybe 7 or 8 logs 13' long and 12-14".
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

Beaudeane

No trees down at my place in dalton from the storm. I talked to one my sis-in-laws today & she said it got real rough a little while at their place off dews pond rd in Calhoun, but only a few limbs down in their yard this time. No whole trees
Don't think of it as `gun control', think of it as `victim disarmament"

julio

a couple small up here burke co had a tornado touch down and tear up a farm i seen on the news
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

Po-Jo

I thought for sure we would have some downed trees , but none we did get a bit of hail and some strong straight line winds , but no downed trees i have found yet

customsawyer

There was some trees taken down at the country club golf course in Dublin and in that area.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Woodkiller

No trees here, but check out the size hail we got.

Just for size reference, I wear a XL size glove.

Po-Jo

Wk where you at in stockbridge?? I got my old house there that i could never sell and had to rent it out, off Jodeco Road, the renter has'nt called me about anything yet, just had a new roof put on 4 yrs ago , again due to a hail storm that tore everything up, hope i dont have a repeat  :-\

WDH

No down trees on my property that I seen, but I have not walked it though.  That was a nasty storm.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

WDH,How's the water table now? Still need more water?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

The last few months have been wet, so we are catching up.  Hopefully revived soil moisture will put an end to all these tree deaths.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

if there is a bright side to living in winters hell, the ground is frozen so hard and deep the wind couldn't blow any trees over. :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!