iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Accuset 2 Error message

Started by NMFP, September 20, 2014, 09:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Well, I've tried to express that there is a real good chance it is the splitter cable,  If it is a white one, get another one, my replacement was black, sorry to hear of your issue, been there, not fun, or profitable,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

NMFP

I changed the cable, which has the 2 connections on the bottom of the box and then goes to the top of the unit in the box.  The new cable is slightly different than the old cable.

What else can I check?  I guess I am not understanding how it cannot be reading battery voltage.  Seems to me that if its not reading battery voltage, there is a power supply issue but yet, the lights on the box inside still light up.

Any thoughts?  The only cable I haven't changed yet is the one from the transducer to the box and then the one from the box to the control head through the pantograph.

Any thoughts as I really need to be able to saw but getting home later in the evening really cuts down on the time I have to work on it, and get customer support from wm.

drobertson

Yea, come to think of it, the connection at the control box is suspect. I did change out the long cable once, and it helped for a while.  I really, and hate to say in public, but will for the sake of those that just keep quite and bite the bullet,  I really believe they cables have had issues with continuity, whether it be from the molding process, or faulty components? not sure, not there,  did work on molds that made cables for the coin changing industry for years, and there are defects of all sorts, mainly from suppliers, but there is a test when the part is completed, so man, I just believe it's quality control, once again, it happens and always will, You will find it,  I did, and you will be once again running.  hate it for you, really, been there, it sucks,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

NMFP

Is wm customer support open Saturdays?  Leaving the house at 5:30-6 am and getting home 7:30-8 pm is difficult to get information from wm while they are open.

I hope I get this thing figured out soon..  I am about ready to shove it in the barn and not do a thing with it ever again.

Nomad

Quote from: NMFP on October 02, 2014, 08:15:09 PM
Is wm customer support open Saturdays?  Leaving the house at 5:30-6 am and getting home 7:30-8 pm is difficult to get information from wm while they are open.

I hope I get this thing figured out soon..  I am about ready to shove it in the barn and not do a thing with it ever again.

They're open until noon, yes.  And don't give up on it yet!  I just spent near 3 weeks figuring out a problem.  I talked with every WM tech there is, and we were all scratching our heads.  But it's fixed now.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

sparks

On Accuset 2 if you get a check breaker cable error it means the breaker is tripped or the cable is bad. If the head will still raise and lower with the error on the screen then it is not the breaker or h-bridge. It will be the cable running from where you stand to the bottom of the power box.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

sparks

I looked at your account and I do not see where you bought an h-bridge to verify it is the correct one. Where did you get it at?
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

NMFP

I bought it from Brett in Portland.  9/25/14

I can call you if you like as I really need to get this thing done so that I can move the mill to another location.

I really appreciate the help as I just got home.  Leaving in the dark and getting home in the dark doesn't leave much time for anything else as far as working on equipment.

hunz

Was curious if this issue was ever resolved. I am having the same check breaker/cable error message, turning the display on and off usually fixes this. Here's the kicker, twice today the whole mill just shut off mid stride, once in the middle of the cut, engine and all? Unfortunately Wood-Mizer isn't open on the weekends. The mill went back to working just fine for hours after the issue happened back to back inside 15 minutes. Anyone have any ideas?
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

hunz

On a side note, the previous owner gave me a warning to look out for bumping the transducer cable with the control panel lid. He didn't say what it actually did though. Sure that couldn't cause a full mill shut down could it?

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: hunz on February 28, 2015, 10:10:51 PM
Was curious if this issue was ever resolved. I am having the same check breaker/cable error message, turning the display on and off usually fixes this. Here's the kicker, twice today the whole mill just shut off mid stride, once in the middle of the cut, engine and all? Unfortunately Wood-Mizer isn't open on the weekends. The mill went back to working just fine for hours after the issue happened back to back inside 15 minutes. Anyone have any ideas?
Sounds like connectivity issues at the 16 pin connectors.  32 wires in all run from the front remote to the head through these, including those from the key switch at least one of which (ACC) will kill mill power if disconnected.   First thing I'd check is to look under the cat track where it hooks to the mill head control box, you'll see the two plugs with clips that lock the two parts of these plugs tight together.  Make sure they're plugged together with the clips around the posts that make it secure.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

hunz

I'll give this a look see today. Hopefully something will jump out at me!

MartyParsons

Hello,
I think Terrific Timbers is on the correct direction with the connector under the cable carrier . You also have an accessory solenoid that could be shutting down. Check with a test light and see where you are loosing the voltage when it stops. The solenoid is on the left of the command control box. Same solenoid as the hydraulic motors. The next thing on a 2006 is the fuse block. The two red wires on the top do come loose. You may want to up grade to the new fuse block and the new style fuses. It will solve this issue. I try to replace them all when they come in.
I am sure NMFP issue was solved.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

hunz

Marty,
  You mentioned an accessory solenoid shutting down. Something peculiar I have noticed, is that on the mill head control box, the autoclutch breaker button is popped out unlike any of the other 3 white breaker buttons. Is it normal that the white button, won't depress back in? The auto clutch works fine, but thought that could possibly indicate the issue?

The connections inthe end of the cat track appear to be OK, and everything in place. I'll call Indiana tomorrow to get this sorted out if all else fails. I know the fix awaits me, just gotta get there!

MartyParsons

The breakers look different. Some of them the white button is flush and some stick out a little. I would guess your breaker is fine.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!