iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Splitter

Started by mitchstockdale, March 04, 2019, 08:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchstockdale

Hey all,

Found this beauty on a local classified site...thinking of getting it for my first splitter.  Ad says its homemade and in good condition, I wonder what a reasonable offer would be  ;).

millwright

Looks like someone laid awake a few nights thinking about that.

Old Greenhorn

Home Made? The guy has mad fab skills. Looks factory to me.  :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

47sawdust

Check the production number,I've heard of the axe head coming off on the earlier models.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

doc henderson

Is it beer or moonshine that comes out of the spout on the far end.  good to separate it from the ax head, so you do not have distracted splitting or too much foam on the beer. smiley_beertoast  .  That is a better way to clean out the garage than a garage sale!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

mitchstockdale

glad you fellas are getting a chuckle...cause i did.

Kindlinmaker

I believe this may be a portable, perpetual mash cooker although somebody stole the copper coil off the top. Self contained wood management system and fully portable to avoid detection by undesirables. This looks to be the smaller "Grandma" model designed to roll right in between the churn and washin machine on the back porch. Probably a very valuable antique as the Revenuers shut down the manufacturer soon after production was commenced. 
If you think the boards are twisted, wait until you meet the sawyer!

sandhills

Don't know what you'd call it exactly, but I want one!  P.S. log splitter would not have been my first guess :).

Old Greenhorn

Just on afterthought, before you plunk your money down on this beauty you might want to ask if it has one of those PLC controllers to handle all them functions it must have. If it's an old PLC, you may not be able to update the software. Maybe that's why they are selling it? Perhaps that have a copy of the ladder logic on a floppy disc? That would help as much as any spare parts they have laying around. Wonder if it has a USB port?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

My first home computer had 5 K of ram and a 10.5 inch floppy disc. and cost 5 k dollars.  tandy RS 5000 with a tractor dot matrix printer.  Oh the good ol days!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!