iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heatmor

Started by falkenbw, January 11, 2021, 12:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1countryboy

Shut the unit down and CLEAN!!!!

You do want a layer of ashes over the bottom grate.  BUT, just a couple inches.   Be positive that the fan is blowing air (under the front door)  If you have a 400 unit the back fan opening can get covered and ashes can Keep air from blowing into firebox.  (upgrade for that raises the fan opening about a foot in height.)  It will never plug if u take time to install it.   Hint :D  let the fire burn out cause U have to crawl in to install it.    :D :D :D :D!!!!!!

Clean the vent above the firebox.  Easy to do from behind the furnace.  Check for air leaks, door, seal on back of he ash auger cleanout and the cleanout above firebox (from back of unit).  Heatmor is a very simple unit to maintain.

Yes, to some wood this year that has more than normal moisture.  The ash is degrading (disease) and not as much BTU/s.  My oak tops are frozen in the center.  Chains do NOT like frozen logs!!  It is harder for me to get my temp up with the wood condition.   AND, NO, i can not cut far enough in advance to feed my two heatmor furnaces.    8) 8)but, am very open to a crew of re (tired)  :) forestry forum members to show me how to get a year supply in advance.  I can offer beautiful winter views down the rolling hills that mother nature formed LONG LONG time ago!  I even have extra big chain saws that do NOT fit my hands. :D

Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

Corley5

Your 14-12 doesn't have a saw dust chute.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

1countryboy

No sawdust chute, but...........the processor is 3pt mounted and i just lift and drive away.   Then clean up with the backhoe loader.   

What MM engine did i see in your pictures.  Think it was running your mill.   The tractor running my Blockbuster processor is a 75 hp, low rpm.  Lots of power and this is her retirement duty.   Good old tractor that starts fast in any kind of weather.  

Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

Corley5

G403 power unit.  Same engine that the GTB tractor uses.  It did run the mill :).  We've got a G-VI tractor.  Big low RPM diesels are  8) 8)
What year is your 14-12?  Mines an 05.  Second 14-12 built with a live deck.  It doesn't have the half hoop over the splitter.  Over 7,000 hours on it now. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!