iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood stove top fan

Started by Jesse Duke, February 26, 2021, 08:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse Duke

We were in Tractor Supply today looking for stuff to clean the inside glass on our wood stove door but they were all out. I bumped across one of those fans you put on top of the stove that is powered by the heat. It was $100 but I'd like to get advice on them before I buy. Do they stay in one place well or do they vibrate off in time? I'm asking because it didn't seem very heavy. Also, do they last a long time or does metal fatigue cause them to slow down over the years? I think I'm going to get one but thought I'd check here first. Any info I can get would be appreciated. 

Jesse Duke

I just looked it up. It is an Ecofan UltrAir. I found a few customer reviews and they all looked good. 

Ljohnsaw

Its not going to vibrate off the stove as they have really light blades and they don't run all that fast.  They only moderately move the air.  You can hardly feel a breeze right in front of them.  They need to be set on the very back of the stove top.  The stove heats the bottom and it needs cool air to cool the top part of the gizmo.  They are supposed to last a long time as long as you don't overheat them.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Do a FF search on ecofan.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dirtmotor

We have had one on our wood stove for 5 years still works great , does not move a ton of air but works well .

21incher

We just got one a couple months  ago and love it. Keeps our great room very even temp and is completely silent. Made a video about  how they work Ecofan Airmax 812 First Look And How Thermoelectric Modules Work - YouTube . I always  thought they were overpriced but now say ours was well worth the price and is saving  us electric by not having the 400 watt ceiling  fan running anymore 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jesse Duke

Thanks for all the responses so far. 

samandothers

21incher, thanks for posting your video.  It was interesting to understand how the units worked and the application of the cells you had worked on.  

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

Jesse Duke

We got it this morning and love it. It was the last one on the shelf. Thanks for all the responses. 

sum1

I have 2 that I got from Amazon for around ~70 I believe so far so good.

Thank You Sponsors!