iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Video tour of my shop.

Started by Dave Shepard, November 02, 2012, 08:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Blurry video of my workshop. Logs for the long timbers starting about 0:37 courtesy of bill m.

http://youtu.be/GdGxKE-Rraw
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

JohnM

Holy mackerel Dave, how many buildings are in that building?!  ;D

Nice big space!  Very nice.

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Woodchuck53

Yep pure envy. How do you keep it organized so well? Do you have a closet door some where you are afraid to open?

I like the elevated shelf you have on the side. I'm trying something out like that in mine at present. We'll see if I can not clutter it up also.

What is on the inside walls? Painted plywwod?  Looks like you have plenty of room for that 13"x 60" South Bend lathe I have here.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Jim_Rogers

I've been to the shop where Dave works.

It is a very nice place for sure.

Jim Rogers

PS thanks for sharing.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

bill m

Dave, It looks like you have been busy since the last time I was there.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Dave Shepard

There are two NY State Dutch barns in there. One is fully restored with a new floor system, the other is about 80% restored and I'm just starting on the floor for it. All of the floor joists (52 of them) are in another shed, along with all of the wall posts and aisle girts for the second barn. Also all of the 2.5" and 3.5" planking is not in the shop. Sawing a 28'x28' Dutch house frame now, that will have to stay outside too, I think. :D

Walls are painted plywood.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

John S

Dave,
Beautiful "shed" you have there and very well organized.  I took the Sobon and Carlon workshop about three years ago and remember Jack giving us plans for a timber cart, but cannot find them.  I did make a pair of his sawhorses but cannot locate the timber cart plans, do you know how I can obtain a copy?
John Snyder
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Thank You Sponsors!