iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kinetic splitter

Started by chuck172, January 02, 2017, 05:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck172

I can't get over how much faster kinetic splitters are over hydraulics. Which kinetic is the best  for the buck. How well are the imported woodmaxx splitters?

porcupine

Kinetic splitters are fast! I have a Speeco SpeedPro. In my opinion it's operating mechanism is flimsy, Chinese like.

I have been researching the Super Split splitter as a replacement and have not seen the WoodMaxx in person only on youtube. Hard to determine quality on the internet.
Kubota M5040  2007
Kubota U35 Mini-Ex  2016
Brute Force 18-24 Firewood Processor 2022
Brute Force Grapple
Super Split HD
Logrite Cant Hook, Pickaroon
Stihl MS250, MS461, MSE 220
Lamar 16' Dump Trailer
Load Trail 20' Tilt Trailer

brendonv

I have a super splitter. Buy once, not twice. Will prob have it until it rots back into the earth.   Fast, simlple, and strong.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

47sawdust

What brendonv said.Eliminate buyers remorse.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

shamusturbo

X3 on brendonV. I bought a Speeco Speedpro in very nice shape a few years ago for about half of what they cost new. It needs greased heavily and hardware tightening and replacement every 6 months or 150 hours or so. The brass plate that the pushing head rides on is very heavily worn. I do NOT have a plan of action to replace it. I also use it very heavily. We are seriously considering a HD SS electric. They pay for themselves very quick. BUT, you can't be afraid to let a few gnarled, knotty, boogered up pieces go by. They aren't worth the heartache. 

Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

Raider Bill

I have a speeco 3pt speed hitch on the back of my tractor.

It is a perfect example of how not to weld. We are constantly making repairs to it due to poor workmanship.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

John Mc

IMO, you just can't beat the Super Split. They last forever, and they've been around long enough to prove that claim.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Bert

I just got an Oregon splitter. Im 99% sure its a modern Speedpro after their failed go at it but so far its a good kinetic splitter.  I use it to split wood for sale (junk logs) and can split a pickup load in 15 mins tossed in. Ive ran about 10 cords through it so far.
Saw you tomorrow!

John Mc

I sure hope Oregon copied someone other than Speedpro. That execution sucked.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Bert

Oregon hasnt done me wrong yet. Had a problem with some saw chains and vented about it here on the forum and they contacted me directly and made it right. Thats a solid in my book.
Saw you tomorrow!

Theo

HUD-SON and Range-Road & KASCO Canada Dealer

r.man

Looks good but I wish video tests would use blocks that I couldn't split easily with a light ax.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

sawguy21

A 110V 15A motor can't develop enough power to be effective on anything but small soft wood rounds. It can be geared down but loses speed. I sold the Oregon (Speeco) electric splitter but it was more trouble than it was worth, cheaply built and limited parts availability. People loved it, it was cheap and split wood. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Cass007

I recently purchased a DR Rapid Fire K34 Pro-XL Model. I have been splitting 14-20" oak rounds by myself with it and no problems. Just have to flip the big ones over and hit them from the top and bottom if needed. Like any splitter, just read the wood a bit and split it where it wants to split.

Got together with a group of guys to split 8 cords of locust last weekend. My kinetic vs their modified 28-ton hydro. Everyone was in agreement that the ratio was about 4-1 in my favor and there were only 2-3 really gnarly pieces the splitter just wouldn't handle. The pace was so hectic with someone helping to load the table as I split the rounds that by the 2nd hour I was needing a break every 30 mins to catch my breath.

I waited 2 years to make this buying decision and so far, I couldn't be happier.
Becoming more Hillbilly with every passing year.

jaygtree

i bought a dr kinetic spliter also and have been very satisfied with it. i dont remember the model but it was the most powerful one they sold six years ago. i've only split 40 cords or so of mostly red oak, some maple and some popple. twice i had to loosen the splitting arm to remove stuck slivers of wood between the frame and splitting arm. a 10-15 minute job. it has a 6.5 suburu engine that at about 10 cords the muffler mount cracked that dr replaced immediately with a muffler that had reinforced mounts. when i called dr about the muffler i mentioned that when they shipped it to me that a tire had a wear mark from where the tire had been anchored to the shipping pallet. the guy said 'we'll send you new tires'. when they came they were the tires and rims. not one but two. i'm a satisfied dr customer.  jayg
i thought i was wrong once but i wasn't.   atv, log arch, chainsaw and ez boardwalk jr.

Thank You Sponsors!