The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Firewood on a Hakki Pilkie 1x37  (Read 10447 times)

Offline mudfarmer

• Mama Tried
    • Share Post
Re: Firewood on a Hakki Pilkie 1x37
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2021, 01:56:24 PM »
If you have any marinas or popular snowmobile destinations nearby they are usually a good bet for non ethanol. We get enough boat and sled traffic locally that it is available at the middle of nowhere and the middle of town regular gas stations.

Offline GRANITEstateMP

• LIVE FREE OR DIE
    • Share Post
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2021, 07:18:14 PM »
still going on firewood. The ole Pred is plugging away, trying to get me to either tear out more hair, or what little I have left go gray all at once!  She was acting up again a month back, would start for a bit, then stop. I thought (that don't happen often) that it was fuel delivery. I was sick of issues, so I replaced, plugs, fuel line, blew out tank, 2 fuel filters, hose clamps. Yeah, that weren't it  :( Ended up being the magic oil brain box thing. Ended up unplugging that and off she went.  My buddy's dad was a huge help, he kept me sane. He was concerned that I wasn't buying a new oil level/pressure brain box. I told him how much I hated the engine, and that if it blew up, then I'd have to buy something better  ;D. I do check the level every time before start up and when fueling.

I did a couple cord myself the other day, it was fathers day weekend and my buddys had more important stuff to do!

Since I was a one man band Sunday, I stacked the deck low, and with the straight-est logs I had one hand.

The ole HockeyPuck 1x37 ready to make big pieces of wood into little pieces.  I had a cord of 18in and a cord of 22in to do.

It was a nice morning to work up some wood.  I was done before 11 and up to the farm for father's day with family by noon.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Offline GRANITEstateMP

• LIVE FREE OR DIE
    • Share Post
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2021, 07:35:56 PM »
Here's the 22in cord, still sitting at the landing 2 days later. I guess some people aren't really ready to get all there firewood at once...even if they tell you they are!!!

nice, steady, much needed rain, "cleaning" this fresh cut cord. Can I get extra $ for freshly laundered cordwood?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO

Offline doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2021, 01:36:51 AM »
I think you can unplug that oil sentry thing, if you dare! :)  I think it opens a ground (to the coil).  so you can also just run power to a light, and use it as the ground and viola you get a light for low oil, and not kill the engine.
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2021, 01:47:30 AM »
I've found that once I get to the point that I'm wishing death on an engine or machine, our relationship is unsalvageable😊
Too many irons in the fire

Offline cutterboy

• Senior Member x2
  • Sometimes trees fall where they want to.
    • Share Post
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2021, 07:00:28 AM »
Sometimes the biggest problem selling firewood is the customer. :-\
Last fall a local guy bought my last full box of firewood and noticed that I had a small pile of wood left in the barn. He asked if he could buy it (about half a box) and he would be back in the afternoon to get it. I loaded the wood in a box and set it out for him. Two weeks later it was still there. I transported it back into the barn and early this spring I burned that wood in my woodstove.

Online Spike60

• Share Post
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2021, 07:44:08 AM »
I like Doc's light idea, but really not a big deal to disconnect the low oil sensor. All ya gotta do is check the oil before you fire up the machine.

Thanks again for the continuing pics and updates, and hope you had a great father's day. :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Share Post
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2021, 11:37:17 AM »
As the oil sensors on my Hondas both big and small have failed I've 
by-passed them.  Internal combustion engines survived for decades without such things.  We as operators keep an eye on oil levels.  An engine running remotely without human supervision would benefit from low oil shutdown sensors but a low oil level shutdown probably means the engine has other issues that need addressing beyond adding oil.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2021, 11:46:04 AM »
Same.  Check oil, maintain oil and filtration, run machine.  If it sounds or smells bad shut it off and dig deeper.
Psalm 37:16

Offline GRANITEstateMP

• LIVE FREE OR DIE
    • Share Post
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2021, 06:13:41 PM »
but a low oil level shutdown probably means the engine has other issues that need addressing beyond adding oil.

That's what I was thinking, if it's lost oil pressure, and I checked the level an hour before, might as well run her til she pops cause I'm not tearing down this Pred!

Check oil, maintain oil and filtration, run machine.  

Mike, I use a good Toyota oil filter, from my dealership days, and the finest bottom shelf discount oil I can get my hands on!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO

Offline GRANITEstateMP

• LIVE FREE OR DIE
    • Share Post
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2021, 08:01:19 PM »
Thanks again for the continuing pics and updates, and hope you had a great father's day. :)
Spike,
I'll keep em coming as long as I don't bore you all with my little operation.
Father's Day was great. My birthday was the day before, so I got to sit in a comfy chair outside and sling the bull with the family. Kids (cousins) all played around outside and had a blast too. Heck, I didn't even have to man the grill!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO

Offline hedgerow

• Share Post
« Reply #131 on: Yesterday at 10:26:14 AM »
GRANITEstateMP  Glad to see your back to making firewood. Spraying around here is finally winding down so we have gotten back to bucking some hedge logs from last year. Was planning on splitting them Saturday but we had a inch of rain over night and maybe some more tonight. We needed it. Been very dry and hot. Glad the old HF motor is still going. I have only seen one of those low oil devices save a engine. Had a buddy that called last summer and said he couldn't get his 13 HP Honda started on his spray tender trailer. I said being smart you know does it have gas and oil. Phone went dead for a second. He said it does have gas maybe I better check the oil. He hadn't checked or changed the oil in ten years of running the pump on the tender. He changed what oil was left. Fired it back up and its still running today. I have several engines around the farm the low oil device is unhooked but I check and change my oil. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
hakki pilke 1x37

Started by 2308500 on Firewood and Wood Heating

2 Replies
Last post January 30, 2021, 12:01:36 AM
by 2308500
xx
Hakki 1x37 power plant

Started by kirk105s on Firewood and Wood Heating

0 Replies
Last post May 08, 2016, 07:44:19 AM
by kirk105s