iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Case of Identity Theft??

Started by WDH, August 16, 2008, 07:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

I had an individual call me and say the he, along with 3 friends, was on a spelunking trip to Florida and wanted to stop by for a visit. 

Hmmm, with all the identity theft going on, I wondered if someone had stolen this individual's identity and was an impostor.  So to be sure, I devised a test.  This test would surely verify the identity of this individual :).

On the drive in, about a 150 yards from the house, a vehicle approached, then slowed.  After a moment, the vehicle proceeded to the house.  After a round of greetings, I dutifully administered the test ;).  (Yes, I know that it is not a Logrite, but Christmas is coming soon ::)).

Test passed!!  It was the Cedarman, alright.  No doubting that admiring smile next to those fresh cut cedar boards ;D.   His traveling companions said that he spotted that cedar from 150 yards away on the drive in :D.

We talked cedar, caving, and business in general.  We had lunch, then the spelunkers headed back to the cool north.

Me being somewhat of a recluse, if you come to visit me, you might have to pass a test :D :D :D.  You should see the test that I devised for the Pigman 8) 8).

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: WDH on August 16, 2008, 07:37:52 PM
... You should see the test that I devised for the Pigman 8) 8).

Aw, come on, you can tell us, we won't squeal to him!   :D ::)

Don P

If he's still in the neighborhood send him a little north. I'm going to go visit the bear cave in the next few days and might need someone to outrun  ;D

Dave Shepard

That's one happy looking spelunker. :D

There is a cave across the valley, Devils Den, goes all the way through, I'm told. I like lots of headroom when I go underground. Last time I went under, I followed a Cat 988H into the hole. ;)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DanG

Ol' Cedarman had been talkin' about coming to see me for a couple of weeks, but apparently he had misconstrued what the relative location of my locale was to the relative location of the locale that was going to be local to him was gonna be.  He called the other day, and seemed somewhat nonplussed to discover that I was 130 miles away. :o :D :D  Well, that blowed our little visit right out the window, and we was both disappointed, but there will be other times to get together.  I was going to show him how to cut pine. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pigman

QuoteYou should see the test that I devised for the Pigman
So, you have some pigs to saw. :o
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Just you wait........................
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

I suspect it has to do with bacon, sausage, and ham.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

If I try to fatten up the Pigman, he might get suspicious.

OneWithWood

DanG, Danny, we missed an opportunity to deliver the mail to Cedarman.  I have the pachage Fat 'Ole Elf was trying to get to him.  Oh, well I will just have to devise another means of delivery. ::)

Sounds like you all had a good visit!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WDH

OWW,

Funny how things work out.  I would have never believed that I would see the Cedarman before you did.  Serendipity, really ;D.

Cedarman

WDH, we sure thank you for the great hospitality.  The four of us had a great visit. 3 of my friends aren't in the sawing business, but they have heard me talk enough that they could jump right in.  Mrs. WDH makes the best sweet pickles I have ever tasted.  It is one neat place back in the woods.  When we pulled up, I kinda wondered why there were cedar boards leaned up against the shed instead of pine. 

Thanks again for a wonderful visit.
Cedarman and 3 other cavers.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!