iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did not know I would like HEMLOCK that much...

Started by roger 4400, September 18, 2012, 02:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Sounds like we must have built the fence in the right place! I remember SD also saying that red maple wasn't a worthy firewood where he lives. . . .  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

SwampDonkey

:D :D Red maple is worthy firewood, but not preferred species up here. I like to be warm, not half way there. Sure you can make water boil on a kitchen stove with aspen even. But by the time it begins to boil you'll need more wood. :D

We have a lot of sapsuckers up here to. I don't know if we have a population boom or what. But if there is a single hemlock on 1000 acres it will be hit by those buzzards. If it were popular up here you could at least buy it, and you can't. Out west it's western hemlock and used a lot for moldings and a whole lot different as far as it behaves. You guys have not seen my larch and red pine in the yard that they have hammered to near death. They are also pecking away at my basswood. They did kill one larch, it was pecked like someone stood there blasting it with buck shot for hours. That gives me a thought, but maybe I shouldn't think too much, it might interfere with their well being. :D

Now tamarack, I have recommended for potato sheds. I have never gotten any feedback on how it went or if they even used it. Twisty miserable stuff. Ask Jeff. How he got a screened fence up with it is outright heroic. Posts would be fine, but then the fence boards would have been interesting. ;) :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

They need some interference or should I say alot. That is too bad. I have small stand of red pine with in sight of my house. They are doing fine with those sap suckers.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!