iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fire Box Door Failing Again e- classic 2300

Started by stratford 50, September 12, 2014, 06:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratford 50

Purchased my e-classic 2300 in 2008. in 2010 I had the door fail and my dealer changed it out with a new door which appeared similar to the one that just failed, the 2nd door was under warranty. Now this 2nd door does not look like my neighbors door with the triangle heat shield. My current door is warping again and will eventually fail. My dealer does not know how I got the same door that had already failed. A call to Central Boiler from my dealer says the door isn't in bad enough shape and they will not warranty it. I have made several calls to Central Boiler and no one will call back, are they still in business? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

36 coupe

Most steel wood stoves have cast iron doors.Steel doors warping seems to be an old problem.You could have one made in a local shop from heavier steel.I made a cross member for my truck frame that was far better the the flimsy one Ford made.

chet

Quote from: stratford 50 on September 12, 2014, 06:51:51 AMA call to Central Boiler from my dealer says the door isn't in bad enough shape and they will not warranty it. I have made several calls to Central Boiler and no one will call back, are they still in business? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I just went through the same thing with them.  >:(  Their new approach to customer service seems to be 'ignore them and they may go away'  :(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ed in idaho

JJ

The old door design was defective, in that it let creosote into the heat shield sandwich; which is why they all failed due to warping.
New door design is formed by press, and creosote cannot get into the shielding.

Since it is design defect, and the replacement was same design; they must cover it.

I suggest taking several pictures of your door, with straight edge (4' level, or 90deg ruler) to show the warp and old design; and sending this to CB directly and note your serial #.  They should send new door design to your local dealer.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

JJ

superwd6

I've worked in the heating industries since 1990 and I can Tell you Central Boiler has been been one of the best company's to deal with. My door warped, broke a mounting bolt and they sent me a complete new style door. Any company will send you an non updated part knowing it may fail again until engineering fixes the problem, ALL company's do this. I would recommend Central Boiler over any other manufacturer for outdoor wood boilers.

Logging logginglogging

I have the newer triangle shield and door and it has worked well.
If u are the original owner they must warentee it.
Post the pics u take on here

Thank You Sponsors!