iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I don't know if this is fact or not... but it is funny!

Started by Nate Surveyor, January 22, 2007, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Surveyor

It's too funny to be fiction.

In most of the United States, there is a policy of checking on any stalled vehicle on the highway when the temperatures drop down to single digits or below.

About 3 AM, one very cold morning, Trooper Allan Nixon (Oklahoma Highway Patrol) responded to a call there was a car off the shoulder of the road outside Shattuck, OK . He located the car, stuck in deep snow, and with the engine still running. Pulling in behind the car with his emergency lights on, the Trooper walked to the driver's door to find an older man passed out behind the wheel with a nearly empty vodka bottle on the seat beside him.

The driver came awake when the Trooper tapped on the window. Seeing the rotating lights in his rearview mirror, and the State Trooper standing next to his car, the man panicked. He jerked the gearshift into 'drive' and hit the gas. The car's speedometer was showing 20-30-40 and then 50 mph, but it was still stuck in the snow, wheels spinning.

Trooper Nixon, having a sense of humor, began running in place next to the speeding, but still stationary car. The driver was totally freaked, thinking the Trooper was actually keeping up with him. This goes on for about 30 seconds, then the Trooper yelled at the man to 'Pull over!'

The man obeyed, turned his wheel and stopped the engine. Needless to say, the man from Dumas, Texas was arrested, and is probably still shaking his head over the State Trooper in Oklahoma who could run 50 miles per hour.

Who says Troopers don't have a sense of humor?
I know less than I used to.

farmerdoug

A high speed foot chase and I bet the trooper was not even winded.  :o Good thing he did not throw the car in reverse.  The trooper would probably not been so humorous about his cruiser being smacked. >:(

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

BigTrev

If at first you dont succeed, try a bigger hammer

blaze83

I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Polly

8) 8)  a couple summers ago i was driving a truck in early morning i got sleepy and pulled over on shoulder of the roar i laid my head down on steering wheel about the time i dozed off i heard a motor  i opened my eyes and seen moving headlights i thought they were mine  i put on brakes cut steering wheel  toward side of the road  about that time a car passed me  i dont know about being funny but i know i was scared  i did not get sleepy the rest of the night :D :D :D :D 8) 8)

sawguy21

I was returning home from a wedding, not mine btw, and pulled into a turnout to rest my eyes. Woke up with the guardrail and a lake a few feet in front of me. I came off the seat and near jammed the brake pedal through the floor...nothing happened. Felt pretty stupid :D :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Polly

8)   i bet you got home without getting sleepy anymore i know i sure did  :D :D :D 8) 8)

Riles

Knowledge is good -- Faber College

asy

Polly and Saw, I've done similar myself...

Many years ago I had a company car that bled carbon monoxide back into the cabin and gave me a 6 month long migraine, but it also made me very susceptible to traffic smog. Sometimes, and not necessarilly when I'm tired, nor at night, but just randomly, I get very dazed and sleepy while I'm driving. I used to "push through" it, but realised that was pretty stupid. Now I pull over and have a "power-nap" or swap drivers if Andy is there. He's used to it now, he knows if I start shaking my head (the first sign) he just says "OK, pull over" (as I am usually the 'driver').

A few weeks ago we swapped drivers and I immediately fell asleep in the passenger seat. When I woke up I had a split second of terror that I was driving and grabbed the dashboard (looking for the wheel) and belted my foot into the 'brakes'... Andy got a shock, this 'sleeping' person grabbing the front of the car...  He thought it was hillarious.

The kids in the back just laughed and laughed  :-\

asy :D

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Polly

8) 8)  awhile back when polly was driving she looked over at me i had my hands folded and she ask what i was doing and i told her i was praying ,that was not right thing to say i had to drive a long time after that old saying live and learn :) :) :D 8)

Thank You Sponsors!