iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the weather 2020

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

The sun is out bright. There are some clouds, but all is bright for now. 28 ° now,should get  a little above freezing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Snow coming in sideways now!

Lake affect snow off of Lake Ontario!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jim_Rogers

We traveled from NH to NC to spend Christmas with family down there.

Weather there was great compared to NH.
Jim Rogers 
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

Close the door from 2019 and open a new for 2020. :D

28F here this morning and going to be in the 30's tomorrow. It was 31F yesterday afternoon though. ;) It's never been winter cold here yet, been a long ways off from 0F so far. Christmas is usually bitter cold.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

A-z farmer

25 degrees here this am and going into the lows 30s today .The ground is not frozen yet so no logs coming out of our wood lots yet this year .

Old Greenhorn

24° here just before sunrise on the first work day of the year for me. Hopefully this is my last year of full time work, actually hoping its only 5-6 months, then to find or make a pleasant retirement job. Anyway it's predicted to hit the mid-40's today with clearing skies. Could have used that a few days ago, but oh well. As Swamp noted I checked my notes from last year and it was generally much colder than it has been this year so I am happy for that. The ground is fairly frozen here in the Catskills, but not very deep and 45° for a day or so will soften it up quite a bit, so it's not yet a logging worthy freeze. Here's hoping for a better weather year!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Chuck White

Low 40's for a high yesterday and here at 6:00 this morning it's 42°!

The only snow I can see from the house is the snowbanks, probably still some in the woods/shaded areas!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

28° out this morning. Another warm one. There is some colder weather coming,barely in the single numbers, but by high noon high 20's. I only have about 6 inches of snow at this time. The temps and snow amount can change fast. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Been hovering in the low 30s the last few days. Plowed ground has stayed froze, but skip a day snow plowing and it thaws right back out to mud underneath. No freezing up ground for the cattle or for logging so far. 

30"+ of snow on the ground so the skiers and snowmobilers are happy.

SwampDonkey

Only melting here is where the driveway and roads have sand/salt on them. Ice is solid. That being said, none of the creeks or small rivers have ever froze over yet. The warm spring up the road that feeds into the ditch never freezes. The front porch deck did melt off though, I think it was around 36F today. We had a light dusting of snow over night.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

The temps are looking good for another week. Highest is 40°,but the rest in the high 20's,low 30's.There is a low of 8,but only one night. Than a few nights in the mid teens.Very odd temps for this time of year. Seem like some years the only time we see double digits is with a minus sign in front of it.
I opened the OWB door and still plenty of wood in it.
28° this morning.

SwampDonkey

35F this morning here and sunshine. Can't beat that for January weather up on the tundra. Started a smudge this morning, but won't need no wood the rest of the day. ;D

Old Greenhorn

40° this morning before dawn. Looking to stay warm today, rain began at 4am and expected for more than half the day and possibly tapering by evening. Cooler tomorrow. Nothing big on the horizon yet. More shop work on the loft. Boy am I glad I moved the mill up behind the shop or I would have been mostly shut down since 3 weeks ago. Yeah, it's been mild, but between the rain and the slow melting snowpack, I would not have been able to work at the old site with any effect.

I meant to put this up yesterday, shot it on my way to work Thursday just after dawn looking west, there was still ice and snow on the hilltops, think it may be gone now. Winter is surely coming though.

Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

goose63

In the 30s the last few days but we are heading to the deep freeeez with fast moveing air to morrow  >:(
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WV Sawmiller

Got up to a very pleasant mid to high 50s with cloudy skies which changed to drizzle which should change to snow tonight as has been steadily cooling off all day. We did get a brief period where the sun broke through and I got this picture of a full rainbow across the road in front of our house.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

I have 34° with a light rain. Suppose to change over.  :o   I am staying home.

SwampDonkey

Was 36F here steady all day. Never put wood in since before noon and it's 80F here upstairs in the crow's nest. Won't be no wood burn'n tonight. :D

Mossy Chariot

Rain, rain, and more rain here in East Tennessee. Mid 30's now with a 10 mile wind. Had the bobcat out in the rain hauling 3800 pound block for a retaining wall.  Mud mud and more mud. I'm ready for winter or spring, one or the other. 
Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

Old Greenhorn

Rained most of the day today and hit a little over 40 something. Still terribly humid and snotty. I tired and worn out, and this snotty weather has got me down. I don't even feel like going out to fetch the wood I need for overnight.

Okefenokee_D

Rained last night. Now the wind is blowing hard. Getting cold. The day ended like this:

I may try to burn some woods tomorrow. Everything should be dry on top.

Sunny for the rest of the week! Prescribed burning time until it hits nearly 80 degrees this weekend. 🤦🏼‍♂️

thecfarm

The ground is white, for now. I will see what amount we have at day break.

Old Greenhorn

34 here now and the wind is blowing fairly good. So good in fact, that it sucked one of our storm windows right off the front picture window and crashed it on the walkway. Guess i have another chore to do.

SwampDonkey

Very light no accumulation snow falling here, can see way off.  26F

goose63

35 here but the air is moveing at 45mph
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

nativewolf

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on January 05, 2020, 06:57:37 AM
34 here now and the wind is blowing fairly good. So good in fact, that it sucked one of our storm windows right off the front picture window and crashed it on the walkway. Guess i have another chore to do.
Storms just don't like storm windows.  It's an old feud.
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!