iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another usage poll

Started by Jeff, February 01, 2018, 06:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Please, if you look at this topic, vote!  I need the data. :)

You can select up to 3
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

scsmith42

Oops, I need to change my vote away from Yes to No.

Typically I hit the "responses to my posts" link and then the "read unread posts since last visit" link. 

That's it.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Dave Shepard

No. My bookmark is the unread posts link, which is the only link I use.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Grizzly

Not very often but I do use it.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

And for others - I did not see the poll to actually vote until I logged on. Normally I don't log on unless I am planning on started a thread or answering one. I did not know the poll did not show up unless logged on. May account for the difference in views vs responses if others are doing the same thing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

I can't understand why one would not logon. You do realize there are many things that are not visible unless logged in.  It just makes no sense to view the forum as a member not logged on. You can't see what is new or anything.

coxy

I always use show new replies to your post

Jeff

Okay, I'm going to edit the poll options.

Jeff

Poll has been reset and question changed to better reflect the link use.

Hilltop366

I click the "show new replies to your post" first then after I have read those I go to " Show unread post since last visit".

Logger RK

My second is,unread since I last visited. I sent my vote to soon.

Brucer

I see nearly half of us don't use them. Interesting.

I have a system of viewing the 6 boards that I'm most interested in. I'll look at them whenever time permits. The three options on the list either give me way too many posts, or miss some of the ones I'm interested in.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

DR_Buck

I always use them every time I sit down and open the forum page..     First is always  "Show new replies to your post" then after that I go to " Show unread post since last visit".        More recently I've used the "Read Most Recent Posts" when looking for something I recently commented on that has not been updated and no longer shows up on the other 2 links.

What would be nice is something to "Show My Posts".   Sometimes I go looking for an older thread that I have either started or commented on and can't find it without trying several different searches until I get the correct words.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

Quote from: DR_Buck on February 01, 2018, 11:31:34 PM

What would be nice is something to "Show My Posts".   

That link is in your profile

trapper

I stay loged in and use  Show unread post since last visit.  It is very convenient.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Peter Drouin

I come on and start at the top, Go down all the posts and read the ones that look like something of interest . And the ones I had posted on the last time on.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

I do just like Peter does, log on and start at the top!

Who knows, one might miss something!   ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

Idon't use the links I just read every thing
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

21incher

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Ed_K

Ed K

Magicman

Yup, the little yellow "new" tab on the left of the board tells me that there have been recent posts to that board.  I open the board and then click on the little yellow "new" tabs on the right and it takes me to the first post since I viewed that topic.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodcutter_Mo

I don't usually use those links. I generally just go to the forums page and look look through the sections I frequent the most. If one says there are new replies I check it out.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I just look at the pictures.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Corley5

I go in to the board and use the "new" tabs.  I never click on them on the main menu.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!