iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timmy Garrison

Started by Papa1stuff, January 25, 2015, 08:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

wwsjr

I am still having trouble accepting the fact that this has happened. Timmy and Evelyn have been two of my best friends for years. I talked to either Tim or Evelyn at least once a week. I worked with them after Katrina when the dealership was started and worked sawmill shows with Timmy for several years. Timmy was a talker, he would sit under tent talking to potential customers while Julius, Anthony, (their son) and I would saw for the people gathered. Prayers are requested for the family and many friends. At least 1,000 people attended the visitation or the funeral on Friday.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

bluffman2

Quote from: wwsjr on February 04, 2015, 06:06:37 PM
I am still having trouble accepting the fact that this has happened. Timmy and Evelyn have been two of my best friends for years. I talked to either Tim or Evelyn at least once a week. I worked with them after Katrina when the dealership was started and worked sawmill shows with Timmy for several years. Timmy was a talker, he would sit under tent talking to potential customers while Julius, Anthony, (their son) and I would saw for the people gathered. Prayers are requested for the family and many friends. At least 1,000 people attended the visitation or the funeral on Friday.

Willie

Didn't know the man but prayers are sent.  Sorry about the loss of your friend and what sounds like a hell of a man. 

bluffman2

well looks like a 3rd person has been arrested....still a very very sad situation

PER WLOX
Officials with the Stone County Sheriff's Department tell us a third person has been charged in the murder of Timmy Garrison Sr.Officials say Jody Robert Parks, 21, is charged with capital murder.

link to rest of the story if you want to read it.

http://www.wlox.com/story/28046113/biloxi-man-charged-with-capital-murder-in-death-of-stone-co-businessman

beenthere

Wow!!  Pay a kid to do that to a human being... pretty much ruins his life.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

If he would do that for money, he probably didn't have much of a life ahead of him anyway.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Chuck White

So sorry to hear this news!

It's easy to see he was a fine man, may he rest in peace!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DanG on February 07, 2015, 09:00:26 AM
If he would do that for money, he probably didn't have much of a life ahead of him anyway.

x2

Magicman

Thanks for the update bluffman2.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Here is information printed in the local newspaper about the court hearing yesterday:  SunHerald
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I read the news story link Magic posted. This is so hard to believe.

SPD748

This is truly tragic. I too did not know Mr. Garrison however like Poston, I feel as though he is a member of the family I wasn't privileged to have met. The depths of human depravity are endless, believe me. I have asked a simple question at every murder crime scene I've been tasked to work... why? I'm still searching for an answer.

I pray for healing for the family

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

downsouth

WOW!!!  I got my mill from Tim.
Very hard to believe. Evelyn and Tim worked together very well.
Tim also told me "day or night"
  May he RIP.  With swift justice.
He was a talker for sure. And enjoyed his job!

beenthere

Ms. Evelyn apparently wasn't too happy with him. Seems the hate must have run real deep.

Reading the obit for Timmy was like a mystery novel with so many different names and acquaintances.

Feel sorry for friends and remaining family. Tough way to die, getting the head bashed up.

May he RIP now.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!