iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Purchased property, cut down trees, starting a mill lol

Started by cedartimbers, May 14, 2015, 01:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cedartimbers

Hi,

My name is Shahdad.

I recently purchased land in the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia with two other people as a part of a development project.

We had to cut down about 70 cedar trees to clear the lot.

We now have over 250 cedar logs.... we are learning as we go.

So we figured we would also create a cedar milling operation while are at it...

I have read the forum rules and wanted to also make a posting to pre-sell our mill.....

As I am a completely new member is it possible to post the listing with admin permission?

At the moment because I do not know much about milling and forestry I don't have much to contribute but if I can get this operation going I will have lots more knowledge I can contribute

I need to find a buyer for the mill so we can pre-sell the mill and be able to get our project off the ground.

As I am a completely new member is it possible to post the listing with admin permission?

Thanks

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum

Is your cedar Western Red cedar?

Did the mill come with the land?

Are you located in the BC now?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cedartimbers

Hi,

Thank you for reply back.

Yes, we have lots of western red cedar.

We plan to use some of it to build our own cabin and the rest we are going to sell...

No, the mill did not come with the land.

I am located in Vancouver, BC

beenthere

What mill are you going to use to saw up the 250 logs? 

Must have some pretty good equipment for moving logs that you have stacked up. Interesting undertaking.  What is the landscape like for logging and clearing?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

No, I don't think I'll allow it as this is starting to sound sort of fishy to me. Pre-sell a mill? Never heard such a thing here in a decade and a half.   Would you like to pre-pay a commission to the forum? I doubt it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thechknhwk

Hi, just looking for someone to finance my sawmilling operation.  You give me 80% of the value of "xyz" brand sawmill, I'll buy it, beat the dog snot out of it, not maintain it, sell all my cedar, pocket the cash, stop paying on the loan I took out for the full amount of said sawmill, have it repossessed and you will be left holding the bag.  This will be a very good deal for you.  You will get this low hour, poorly maintained, repossessed sawmill, and I will get all my lumber sawed up and not have to underwrite any of the risk :D

CCC4

thechknhwk

CCC4 you don't like this?  It is good deal for you :D

pine

This appears to be going on elsewhere on the web. 
I was waiting to see how it played out for pure entertainment purposes.

pine

From elsewhere it is a LT40 with a twin blade edger apparently.
Quoting from the OP above:
"At the moment because I do not know much about milling and forestry "

However from another posting by same individual see below

TAKEN CARE OF EXCEPTIONALLY WELL BY AN EXPERT OPERATOR!
The machines have been operated by a Veteran Sawyer who has over 10,000 hours of experience on LT 70 & LT 40 machines over the past 20 years and is also an Instructor.
You can contact me at 604-518-3207

If someone is trying to sell you a LT40 and edger might be worth getting the SN and contact WM to verify if reported purloined.

If I am misreading the situation I apologize to cedartimbers in advance.

Jeff

This is his web address.  Looks to me like this is a second language. I wonder if he means he wants to pre-sell the timber coming FROM his mill.  Either way, this is really hinky.

http://www.cedartimbers.ca/about-us.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

KiwiBro

Quote from: Jeff on May 15, 2015, 07:59:35 PM
This is his web address.  Looks to me like this is a second language. I wonder if he means he wants to pre-sell the timber coming FROM his mill.  Either way, this is really hinky.

http://www.cedartimbers.ca/about-us.html

He has two mills for sale on AS, but possession is late June early July, so I guess he's trying to pre-sell the mills, but use until runs out of logs. Not sure what he's offering to pay for the lease off any buyer between now and then though, and what happens with insurances and guarantees, etc.
Max characters: 300

Thank You Sponsors!