iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Harbor freight guys which is correct?

Started by Kwill, July 11, 2019, 10:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwill

I'm trying to figure out if these legs on this mill are backwards or not. Half the pictures I find on the ole interweb are the way these are and others are facing the other way. Trying to figure out which is correct. The pic off there website looks like they are on the way these are. I wasnt the one who put the mill together :)

Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Crusarius

are you talking about the mast roller legs? and if they are upside down or right side up?

Definitely going to be stable the way it is. may have interference issues depending on what is around the track.

Kwill

Well I left it the way it was and it mills just fine. Some people have them turned the other direction. The instruction have the long side facing the rear but the picture shows it the other way so who knows. It works though

Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Crusarius

oh, I get it now. long side should be supporting the heavier load. Which side is heavier? or is it close enough it doesn't matter?

Kwill

Doesnt really seem to matter with the engine being where it is the mill isn't tippy at all
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

richhiway

I think that would be right. The long side forward to offset you pushing on the mill head.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

RAYAR

I believe the longer legs should be towards the rear as you usually have extras such as battery, lube tank etc. mounted more to the back side. It would more or less be a weight balancing thing, the way they are now, you would want to mount things over the band wheels to help keep the weight centered.
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

Thank You Sponsors!