iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3 more trees I am trying to identify - Northwest Florida

Started by kjac85, April 16, 2020, 08:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjac85

You all were very helpful my first time posting here and I appreciate you helping me figure out those trees. I've a few more I'm trying to figure out, any suggestions? 

Tree #1

Tree #2

Tree #3

WDH

#1 is blackgum.  
#3 if the leaves are the right ones for the tree is water oak.  Not sure about #2. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

kjac85

Quote from: WDH on April 18, 2020, 08:41:21 PM
#1 is blackgum.  
#3 if the leaves are the right ones for the tree is water oak.  Not sure about #2.
Water Oak!... that's the name I was trying to remember, I knew it had to be some type of oak. Also, that does look a lot like Black Gum judging by the other pictures, think you nailed that one as well. Thank you!
On tree #2 I zoomed in more on the leaves if that helps anyone. They are smaller leaves, a little smaller than sand oak I'd say.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

kjac85

Here's a full picture of tree #2 there is a lot of them so I don't think this is particularly rare for the area.

Thank You Sponsors!