iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

6-Month review of LT15(S) and moving to LT40?

Started by WDFL, January 13, 2023, 10:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I see more and more mills for sale. When some people see how much work it is they sell. ffcheesy
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

There was never a shortage of sawmills, lumber, nor toilet tissue but there was an abundance of idiots doing panic buying and creating an artificial market.

Two years ago I declined an offer to sell my sawmill @ $55k.  Was it worth that?  No but had I sold, my sawing business would have been shut down for two years.  I easily made that $55k sawing that year so I had the $55k and still had the sawmill.  Funny thing was that I sawed that prospective buyer's logs that year.

I suspect that my sawmill's selling value today would fall somewhere in the $35-$40k range. I am seeing sawmills for sale on fb plus the usual sawmill selling websites.  I seldom see sawmills for sale here on the Forestry Forum because our members are sawing...not selling.  I actually bought my sawmill through Sawmill Exchange in 2002.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!