iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logrite helps crtreedude corral FDH...

Started by crtreedude, February 18, 2006, 04:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crtreedude

For sometime I have been trying to figure out how to get some of the great tools from logrite down here. Harold was concerned about me getting some - I think he figures I might use one to pry him out of bed when he had a long day the previous day...  ;D

Anyway, Pete snuck in an went to Jaco - it seems that the beach sounded like more fun than us (afraid we would put him to work I think) and I suspect he is right. Thankfully, he managed to get into the country a Hookaroon and a really nice Cant Hook - and a nice pair of gloves.

I would take a picture of them but as soon as Hector saw them they immediately disappeared to the finca. He was very impressed. Very light, very strong. Just the thing to move Harold in the morning...

(Just wait until Harold sees this thread)

Thanks again Pete - I still wonder what customs thought they were!  ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

neslrite

Fred,
I think Pete said they were golf clubs ;D
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Pete J

When the customs guy asked me if the golf clubs were for commercial purposes I told him no, in a miguided attempt at english/spanish translation. I said I was not going to film a commercial with them. He just shugged his shoulders when I told him that was my best attempt at spanish. He then thanked me rather profusely. I guess I really made his day.

A few take aways from my trip.
The threat from Fred that he was going to make me work was a non-issue. I would have loved it if I somehow could have figured out how to get there. I won't make that mistake next time.
I didn't get to actually shake the hands of Fred, Amy, FDH and Hector. Transportation issues were a big factor.
4 days in Costa Rica is just not enough. Too much time spent in the travel phase. Then again, my airfare was $27.70 so I can't really complain.
Some of the roads and bridges left me crossing my fingers and being hopeful that today wasn't the day I was chosen to die. I was terrified crossing some of them. The locals just breeze across without a care in the world......
Any type of food you get there tastes fresher and healthier than you can imagine. The Tico meal I had with the Chicken, rice, vegtables and cilantro was one of the best meals I can ever recall having.
Coca Cola tastes like a light, sweet nectar down there instead of the corn syrupy mess we drink up here. A little Costa Rican rum and wedge of lime worked wonders for me.
The coffee was also very flavorful and addictive. The ol'Maxwell House just doesn't do it any more.
I passed 4 sawmills on the road from San Jose to Jaco beach. There seems to be one about every 15 miles or so.
The variety of trees was unimaginable. I probably saw 400 species and that was driving through harvested areas. I assume the rain forests and jungles would just overwhelm a normal human.
Since I didn't see Fred, I have an excuse to go back again.

Here's a few sights.

One of the better bridges we crossed.

Fence posts that start growing again after they're stuck in the ground

Jaco Beach where I didn't get anything accomplished.

Sunset from Clarita's bar in Jaco. I didn't even get out of my chair.

I guess the Nicaraguans have a bad reputation. My buddy JJ says they are by far the nicest theives he's come across. They'll even thank you for letting them take your bicycle that you rode to the beach.

If anyone wants to see some more pics, let me know. I don't want to bore ya! Anyways, thanks for chatting on the phone with me Fred. We were close, but no cigar.

Pete

isawlogs

Pete
  I havent been bored like that in a long time   ;) ...  Please continue .  ;) I just love to see those pics , such a beautiful landscape , Keep um coming .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Part_Timer

I realy like that bridge.  Keep them pics a coming.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Pete J

OK, here's a few more pics.

Some well fed crocs. You can barely make out the biggest one submerged under water. I'd guess from my vantage point he was about 14ft long. The locals said they occasionally eat the cows that take a drink by the waters edge.

Here are two shots of the Central Valley. To the right side of the right photo is the capital city of San Jose. Fred 'crtreedude' is north of San Jose by about an hour. You could probably see him from here if you had hubble telescope type vision.

This is a panoramic shot of the Jaco Beach area.

This is how far I had to walk from the condo I stayed at until I hit the beach. I was winded for sure.

Maybe Fred can post some pix of the tools I brought him in action. That was the thing I really wanted to see.

Part_Timer

Logrite

Thanks for the pics.  Looks like a fine place to visit.

Where's the pics of you wresteling those croc's???

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

crtreedude

I promise I will take a few pictures of them in action. That way, since I am the offical photographer, I don't have to be on the business end.

I know exactly where that picture was taken - once a tourist from Italy decided that it would be smart to dive from that bridge to swim with the crocs. No one knows what he was thinking because he wasn't around very long to ask.

That is a really good looking bridge! We would really like that one out this way.

crtreedude

By the way, I am sitting here with a body completely used up. Thursday I walked about 6 hours showing off the two fincas and then today some of us hiked to the top of extinct (we hope) crater just a little ways away from Arenal Volcano. Yes, I have pictures but they will wait until tomorrow when I can move again. (Stay tuned to this thread!)

The young man who took us is a personal friend and has lead the Red Cross here in a failed attempt to rescue people who managed to plow their little plane into the volcano. They spent 5 days up in that jungle, and it is a jungle!

crtreedude

Just a quick question Pete - which is better to use on Harold - the Hookaroon or the Cant Hook?

Inquiring minds need to know so that I can call Hector...  ::)

isawlogs

I would go with the cant hook .. you get a better bite  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

iain

Hookaroonie for sure,
yes you get a good bite with the cant hook, but at the same time you only got one good roll out of your bite,  :(
with the hookaroonie you can get a very good drag, and the steering is easier 8) ;)

excelanto pics there logrite 8) 8) i'm just so very sorry you had to walk so VERY FAR to the beach >:(

iain (always happy to advise)

crtreedude

Harold is a lot smaller than he was so a bigger bit is less important, so I think the Hookaroon wins. Time to call Hector...

iain

That Hector sounds pretty much like the   MAN WHO CAN

how long before he's back in Florida? :D

you let me know if he starts to slack ;)

iain( eyeing the main chance, and the beach)

Thank You Sponsors!