iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

floor space for sharpener

Started by Peakebrook, April 15, 2008, 05:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peakebrook

I am getting a little closer to having a mill shack.  With any luck, the crane will arrive friday so I can set the trusses.  The building is 40 x 60.

My question is how much dedicated floor space do I need for a sharpener and setter? 

I have yet to buy either, but they are in my plans.  I plan on building a little storage/shop in the back corner of the building for storage of parts, tools, blades, etc.  I thought I might set up the sharpener and setter in this area.

Thanks

WM LT40SH with Cat 51, JD 210, JD 280, JD 450G, Cat 311

mike_van

I mounted my Cooks sharpener on an old butcher block table, it's on casters. The top is probably 18x28 or so - The blade arms stick out quite a ways, but they slip on & off, so when needed, I just slide them on.  Otherwise you need about 8 ft wide by 4 1/2 ft deep for it.  The setter, I just c-clamp to the tablesaw extension when I need it.  Space for it depends on the length of your blades - At 16 & 1/2 ft, mine stick out quite aways.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

WH_Conley

Hold a blade out in front of you and look at  a corner, that is how much space you need for a sharpener. Setter, they move, need enough room to move in.

Clear as mud?
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!