iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PIGROAST 2005 RSVP

Started by Jeff, June 14, 2005, 10:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We need to start thinking about how many folks are coming this year. As much as you may like to, PLEASE, use this thread to let us know if you are pretty sure you are coming. I know things come up, so, thats not a problem. What I dont need here is a bunch of posts that says, "I sure would like to come but just cant make it." ::) :)

This thread will be our resource for getting numbers as we try to figure out how much of what we are going to need, and a resource for other members to get a peek at who they may get to meet.

There is another topic here, for making general piggy roast posts and comments.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=10939.0

there is also a post in that thread that gives places to stay.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=10939.msg176800#msg176800

Read about last years Pig Roast...
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=7933.0

This is where your heading....

LINK TO PIG ROAST LOCATION

So, WHO"S COMING?  :)

Jeff and Tammy will be there...

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin_H.

Kevin, Lynette and Stephen, counting the days!

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

WV_hillbilly

Hi Jeff ,

The wife  , 2 kids  and I will be attending  again . I can hardly wait .

WVhillbilly

Hillbilly

chet

Judy and I are comin' , But judy is not sure if I count.  :-\

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

beenthere

beenthere and wife, Carol, will be there.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kirk_Allen

I'm coming and looks like Jim will tag along 8)

sprucebunny

I'm gonna come  ...... can't wait   ;D

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

OneWithWood

Linnea and I will be there.

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

submarinesailor

The wife and I will be there!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

moosehunter

Mike & Sandy will be there
mh

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

MULE_MAN

Linda & her better half,  That would be me   :D :D :D ;D

Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Corley5

Greg, Dee, and Zach will be there 8) 8)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

oakiemac

I'll be there with Hana and the two kids (God willing and the creek don't get too high).  ;D

Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Mike_P.

Jeanette and I will be there.

Mike

dewwood

Marcia and I will be there. :)

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Weekend_Sawyer

The Lovely Miss Celest and I will be there 8) 8) 8)

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Delcy, Jeff, Jonathon and Monica will be there. 8)

Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

hawby

hawby, Emily, Hanna Grace, Ma & Pa hawby will all be there!

Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Harold

I'll be there and Sandi,

Checking expedia, Orbitz for the best travel deal.

I guess I'll Travel by Chevrolet.

See You there!

Harold
48 ;D ;D

neslrite

The Bantle's will be there all 6 of us. ;D

and brownies!

rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Shotgun

Wife Mary and I will be there.

Norm

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

pigman

Bob and his lovely wife the witch  Gloria plan to be there. 8)

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

jtmccallum

John, Faith, J.D. and Ashleigh will be there.

John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

ARKANSAWYER

LBJ and Woody are ready but my Wife is going to come to keep me out of trouble.  ;)

64 + 2 dawgs
ARKANSAWYER

Paschale

I'll definitely be there!   8)

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Ernie_Edwards

My wife , Darla, and I will be there.

Scooby Doo

Scooby and baby scooby will be at the piggy roast!  ;D :) :D

Owner/Operator of a 1986 Wood-Mizer LT30 Manual

Tom_in_Mo.

my wife will be there with her model husband 8) 8) 8)

BBTom

Sheryl and I will be there.

2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Mtnjack

Mtn Jack and his squaw will be there. Jeff any room for the motor cabin left? What to bring ?what to bring?  74

Jeff

Jack I think the room is getting pretty tight for futher camping here, although if the campground is full, we will find somewhere to put ya.

chet

Quote from: Jeff B on June 21, 2005, 08:23:44 PM
Jack I think the room is getting pretty tight for futher camping here, although if the campground is full, we will find somewhere to put ya.

:D  :D  I think da Brokaw campground has been renovated into log storage and mill yard.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Mtnjack

chet i guess i could put some logs on the roof and the mill o0n the hitch and then there wood be room for me. Mtn Jack

Furby

Add me to the list! 8)

Ron Scott

Wife Jan and I will be there.
~Ron

Curlywoods

I am coming.  Trying to see if the wife can make the trip.  She does not travel well though at times due to here Lupus.  I will let you know if the wife and daughter will be coming along a little later.
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Stamp

Jeff, Steve and I are going to try to make it.  I may have to work on Sat and Sunday with the Roscommon County Corrections folks cleaning trash out of the woods.  I'll let you know for certain when I do.

Jeff

Cool. come about 6:00-7:00  and bring em all along. They can powerwash the roaster for me. :)

OneWithWood

Stamp, you are supervising that crew, right?  Not being an active participant I hope  :D
One With Wood

RavioliKid

Jeff,

Thanks for the reminder! If it were one day later, I do believe I might have been able to attend. Unfortunately, I have the wedding of a good friend on that date, so I will have to beg off this year. (again!  >:( )

Y'all raise a toast to me!

Kim
RavioliKid

Wildflower

Kim,
I was hoping you would come.   :)  You can always come the night before and visit we will have people here watching the pig.   ;D

Tammy
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Paschale

I gotta change my RSVP.   :-\  I just got called to go do a music festival in California, in Santa Cruz.  I'm bummed that I'll miss out on the festivities this  year.   :(  I'll be sure to bring the FF hat along on my trip out to Yosemite though.   ;)

You can cut down on the amount of food you're planning to provide, Jeff.   ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

pasbuild

I'll be there
wouldn't miss the piggy roast, don't know how many will be coming with me right now but you can add one plate to the table for sure ;)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

johncinquo

I will be there and have 1.5 in tow.  I'll bring along some of my salsa and maybe some home "brewed" refreshments if thats agreeable.  Its only 2 hours away by mapquest so we'll just head home later. 

To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

UNCLEBUCK

I am holding off on my answer until I am 100% sure , got canned goods from my grandma and logs for sawing to bring but I have to finish swathing ,combining,baling . Thats the only thing in my way right now from doing a cannonball in jeffs pool !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

RavioliKid

Tammy,

That does sound tempting, but unfortunately, I also have a training session the week before. So much for the myth of school teachers having the summer off! That'll be my third week of summer training! Just one more after that before school starts. ARGH!

Is it any wonder that I had 187 hours of professional development last year? I'll probably have that much before this school year starts...

If it were on Sunday, I could probably bring my beau with me.

But it isn't, so I guess we'll have to look forward to next year.
RavioliKid

Don_Papenburg

Thats the first that I heard of the pool . Now I might have to try to get out of work . Pig and pool , pig and pool  . splash.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Jeff

Quote from: UNCLEBUCK on July 13, 2005, 01:32:55 AM
I am holding off on my answer until I am 100% sure , got canned goods from my grandma and logs for sawing to bring but I have to finish swathing ,combining,baling . Thats the only thing in my way right now from doing a cannonball in jeffs pool !

Well, just think of the time your going to save not having to bathe.... :D :-X

Tam-i-am

Hey, I noticed that there seems to be someone/thing missing.  Does anyone know if  Spanky is coming?

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

Don_Papenburg

That is good but the map does not givethe  names of the cross streets ,etc . What is the Prairie Gold colored strip running down the middle ?

beenthere

Don
Have you tried 'zooming' in on the map, as the names of all the streets come up then (for me, anyway).  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kirk_Allen

Now Tammy you should know better than to think I would leave Spanky at home.   He is "quivering" with excitment about coming to the roast!  Now for the real questoin. 

Are you bringing some of those mouth watering, body quivering brownies?  Those were the best!

:D 8)

Don_Papenburg

Never tried that , Beenthere , I'll give it a shot . The names on the  street do help one find a place , so that had me puzzled as to how do I get there.

Jeff

I updated the link above to show the map zoomed. Now you will have to zoom out. :D

Here is a link that shows the satellite view.

Tam-i-am

KirkAllen

Of Course, I'm bringing brownies!!!

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

moosehunter

Jeff,
Are we supposed to parachute in ???
I thought we would just follow the smoke @ the aroma from that piggy cookin'.

FYI, I changed my profile pic to our favorite portrait ( thirteen years of marriage and we have never sat in front of one of those profesional pic guys) that a friend took some years ago......... wanted yall to know what we look like before we get to the piggy roast ;D ;D :D
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

sawguy21

I just plugged in my address and clicked on directions.  8) The map routes me through Chicago but prolly quicker through the UP. Still, a bit much for a weekend trip. ;D Have fun everyone, looking forward to the pictures
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Toms coming!  I'm not sure if he knows it yet but his wife and I do! :D I even know when I am picking him up at the airport. 8)

OneWithWood

Whoo hoo  8)
There will be stories in da circle  :)
One With Wood

Tom

Hot DanG!!   I know now!   

It's going to be white knuckler from Jacksonville to Chicago.  They don't even give you peanuts anymore, I hear.   I think I'll stop at the Burger King and take a meal with an aroma so everybody will stare at me.  :D :D

sparks

Looks like my schedule has cleared up and I'll be able to attend. Our sales manager and customer service manager and their wives will be coming also. See ya there. 8)
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

CHARLIE

I just found out that I'll be able to make it to the Piggy Roast!  Now I hope I can find a room at this late date.  I reckon I best wash my cap. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

beenthere

That's great, but just know Tom not wantin to hear that, cause now he will have to behave his'self cause his brother will be there.  :D
Are you swimming across the lake? Or go over the top again?
south central Wisconsin

CHARLIE

I'll come down through the UP again like I did last year.  I'll be close to Chet's stompin' grounds.   Tom knows that behaving won't do any good around me.  I can take the most mundane thing that he does and turn it into a whopping good story. And the story will get better year after year after year. ;D 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Great!   This is exciting.  I can hardly wait to see you again.  :)

CHARLIE

It'll be great to see you too Tom!  I hear you are supposed to be on your best behavior. :D
Charlie

Furby

I bet ya never seen that before have ya Charlie! ;D

CHARLIE

Actually Furby.......and I'll never admit it out loud.......but growing up Tom was better behaved than me.  But I figger I got it all out of my system. Now I've got to watch out for him in his old age 'cause he ain't hit the wild stage yet......... ::)
Charlie

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D
You are a good little brother Charlie! ;)

fstedy

Charlie must have been them PEAS he fed ya that mellowed you out!!!
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

beenthere

Hearing that Arky was coming to the Pigroast, I searched a bit to learn how to converse in the Arky language.
Found this, for those interested in the same.  :)

http://www.slanguage.com/littlerock.html
south central Wisconsin

Teri

Its VERY easy to speak like that. I talk like that every time i say sumpin.  ;D

20 some odd years of sperience living there! :D :D :D

ARKANSAWYER

The problem is you a thinking that I think as slow as I speak.  Most of the time I a figgiering if'n theys a worth speaking to afor I say much.  ::)  Pa always said words is like bullets and once shot are gone and will hit what is ever in front of them and most of the time words are like 'backy juice, you gots to get it up to spit it out clean and once spit, you usaly don't want it back so aim well.
   Also when you hear one of us say "Hey Ya'll!  Whatch this" best get the video camera going as something really cool is fixing to happen. :o

I put my address in to see if there was a better way to get there from here and It says I have to start 7 miles from home.  ???  Wonder if I quite paying taxes how many years it will take them to find me?
ARKANSAWYER

dewwood

Arky that starting point seven miles from home wouldn't have anything to do with those revenooers would it?
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Rockn H

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on August 01, 2005, 07:07:54 PM
     Also when you hear one of us say "Hey Ya'll!  Whatch this" best get the video camera going as something really cool is fixing to happen. :o

If'n they throw'n a "hold my beer" when they says it, y'all better back up a mite too. ;D

DR Buck

:( :( :( :(    Man I wish Kitty and I were coming.  It sounds like the whole gang (or is it gaggle) is going to be there.  Problem is, we're both going to be at a PIG ROAST.  8)

We have one here at the farm every 2 years and it happens to fall on the same day.  We set the date over a year ago so people could plan and got "locked-in".   So far we have 75 confirmed RSVPs and only one (besides me) that has a his own sawmill.   Wonder if they'll miss us if we're not here?  ???  ::)  ???  ::)

Got to go to the butcher and pick up the pig.

Have fun........ :)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!