iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a nice score today

Started by ozarkgem, April 24, 2014, 07:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

I picked up two sets of 5000 lb forklift forks for 150 bucks. I need to redo the forks on my tractor and make some grapple forks for my Bobcat. I was in need of these. Glad to get them
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

James MacDonald

Great Score. I have been looking for 3 pt hitch forklift attachment but...
Would prefer a forklift alone more. 
Jimmy Mac
You should see what I Saw

Timberking 2000, 1964 Hyster FL, Kabota 43DT w/grapple, Case 580C hoe and never enough Tools

ozarkgem

Quote from: James MacDonald on April 24, 2014, 07:52:21 PM
Great Score. I have been looking for 3 pt hitch forklift attachment but...
Would prefer a forklift alone more. 
Jimmy Mac
I have an old Clark 5K air tire lift. I don't use it much but it is nice to have to move a stack of green lumber that is too heavy for the Bobcat or tractor. Plus the new piece of machinery that need to be unloaded every now and then
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

dboyt

Nice find!  If you find any more, drop me a line.  I'm always looking for a better way to move logs & lumber!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

WmFritz

How do you know the rating?
Is it stamped on the fork?  ???
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

hackberry jake

My local metal recycling yard sells sets of forks for $150. They have a pile of em.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

ozarkgem

Quote from: WmFritz on April 25, 2014, 01:24:37 PM
How do you know the rating?
Is it stamped on the fork?  ???
Yipper its stamped on the forks. The newer ones any way . I am not sure if the older ones are stamped or not

ozarkgem

Quote from: hackberry jake on April 25, 2014, 03:36:40 PM
My local metal recycling yard sells sets of forks for $150. They have a pile of em.
150.00 is not a bad price. Most everyone is 200 and up anymore. I was getting ready to pay 150 for a set and I made one last check on CL. It was an old ad. Surprised he still had them.

ozarkgem

Quote from: dboyt on April 25, 2014, 09:03:21 AM
Nice find!  If you find any more, drop me a line.  I'm always looking for a better way to move logs & lumber!
Will do. I might be going to my kids Sunday. Don't know if you accept visitors on Sunday. I don't want to mess up your free time. Depends on the weather. Supposed to be bad storms Sunday. We will see.

thecfarm

Just a warning. I got a pair from work. The contractor for working on the lifts would measure the bottom of the tines,where the bend is.When they got to a certain measurement,they had to be replaced. He would measure the lift I use to drive. I asked him what day about it. So if it is stamped on the tines and they had to be replaced because of thickness,I don't think you could go by what was stamped on them. But if they was rated for 5000 and you only lifted 3000,you might be OK.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ozarkgem

Quote from: thecfarm on April 25, 2014, 08:49:23 PM
Just a warning. I got a pair from work. The contractor for working on the lifts would measure the bottom of the tines,where the bend is.When they got to a certain measurement,they had to be replaced. He would measure the lift I use to drive. I asked him what day about it. So if it is stamped on the tines and they had to be replaced because of thickness,I don't think you could go by what was stamped on them. But if they was rated for 5000 and you only lifted 3000,you might be OK.
My bobcat will only lift 1500 so it should be OK. The tractor maybe 2000. The one set is thinner where the drivers didn't raise the forks when they were moving. Ground them down. I am thinking of putting a little reinforcement on them. I am just picking up logs with this set. I already have a good set of forks for it I use for pallets  and such. The second set is full size so I will  put them on the tractor.

thecfarm

Normal wear and tear will wear them thin. We was on a cement floor. About the only time I would let the forks hit the floor was when I was trying to do something and someone standing there talking and they would not hear the horn. Bang the tines on the floor would get thier attention quick. In fact the floors was painted and letting the forks run on the floor was a big no no.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

hackberry jake

Quote from: thecfarm on April 25, 2014, 09:01:12 PM
Normal wear and tear will wear them thin. We was on a cement floor. About the only time I would let the forks hit the floor was when I was trying to do something and someone standing there talking and they would not hear the horn. Bang the tines on the floor would get thier attention quick. In fact the floors was painted and letting the forks run on the floor was a big no no.

Sounds like where I work. It used to all be concrete colored, then corporate decided we needed to have blue and white floors. That was about 3 years ago, now its part blue, part white, and mainly concrete colored again  ??? I think they said the floor was over a million bucks to have done and now it looks like poo.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

thecfarm

All painting was done by the company I worked for. Hard to keep paint on a dirty cement floor.

ozarkgem

Quote from: thecfarm on April 25, 2014, 09:01:12 PM
I've seen guys driving with the forks dragging all the way across the warehouse. Not sure what they were trying to do but it was hard on the forks. I would have fired him had he worked for me.

Thank You Sponsors!