iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber King 1200 Wheel problem

Started by ozarkgem, May 16, 2014, 07:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

A friend of mine has a TK 1200 and called me and said the  blades kept running off the wheel. Started it suddenly. I went and looked at it and the idle wheel had canted in about 1/4 inch. I saw now movement any where. I looked at the paint all around the adjustments and no indications of movement. I reset the wheel and it works fine but how did it move? I told him to check the bearings on the next blade change. Not many hrs on the mill. any ideas?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

warren46

I do not know about a Timberking 1200 but I was sawing some oak last week when I heard a pop much like a .22 rifle shot.  I finished the cut and then looked for some evidence that I had hit something in the log.  Nothing there.  I noticed that the band was tracking forward on the idler wheel.

When I was next changing the band I found that a bolt was missing from the bracket that holds the idler wheel.  A careful look around and I find a broken half inch bold (grade 8) lying in the sawdust.  It was a fresh break with no evidence of fatigue.  I replaced the bolt and the blade tracked where it should.

Take a careful look for something missing or broke.
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Thank You Sponsors!