iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood HD 36 home made trailer package

Started by Hallcliff1990, September 07, 2019, 01:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hallcliff1990

Hello everyone this is my first post so I'll try and keep it simple. I am in the process of buying a Norwood HD 36 that is 2 years old, I was looking  to get the trailer package but without the mill in my name Norwood wont sell it to me. So I'm left with the option of either loading the mill onto the back of a rented trailer  and making the 200 mile round trip or fabricating my own trailer package in the next couple days to drive it home. I already  have the axle leaf springs and tires and wheels sorted as well as the trailer lights.

What I am need some advice on is making the tongue and tongue reciever, as well as cross brace. If anyone with hd36 has time could you let me know what the rectangular openings dimensions are on the end plate as well as the bole hole pattern and size are. 

That is for any help as it will surely  give me insight. 

SawyerTed

Welcome to the forum!

It just my opinion, and I know it's worth 0.02, rent the trailer and assemble your trailer running gear under the mill once you get the mill home.  Less chance of having to redo your trailer set up.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Dana Stanley

Quote from: SawyerTed on September 07, 2019, 11:51:39 AM
Welcome to the forum!

It just my opinion, and I know it's worth 0.02, rent the trailer and assemble your trailer running gear under the mill once you get the mill home.  Less chance of having to redo your trailer set up.
I agree, there are a-lot of unique elements on a mill, like stops, and dogs, and you need to account for them on your build. I was glad I had my mill track on hand when I built my trailer. Can you make the purchase then send them the paperwork, so you can get the trailer before you go?

Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

terrifictimbersllc

And you'll want to make sure your trailer will let you still cut to 1" from the bed. Clearance of the head or anything else traveling with it over the tire, can be an issue. 

My LT40Super needs to be jacked up, not much, but just enough to start to take the load off of the drive side leaf spring, otherwise the power feed motor will not clear the tire. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!