iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nanners

Started by Fla._Deadheader, December 23, 2006, 12:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

The way I do it is once the fingers start dropping off the stalk I cut the flower pod off. This sends all the nutriants to the nanners. I will take the pod, shred it like coleslaw, add, mayo and vinager. Tastes like nanner slaw. Word of caution, do not use one of them white cutting boards as they will turn purple.
When I cut the nanner bunch from the tree I cut the tree down. This will give you many baby trees for next season. If you let the tree stay it will not produce anymore.
To speed up ripening I put the greenies in a brown paper sack with a store bought nanner that is ripe. This speeds up the process.
For breakfat this morning, I had my nanners and tangelos sliced in a bowl, little bit of sugar, YEEHAW! Good eats!
During the summer growing season my trees will grow a foot a day.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Slabs

Better watch out for the deadly tarantula

Daylight come and I want to go home
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Fla._Deadheader

No problema  ;D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Daren

Those look like frying nanners to me. I won't eat a raw banana until the skin in DanG near black. If the skin "snaps" when you peel it, it's too green to agree with my belly. Being a northerner I had only seen the yellow nanners you buy at the store. Then I married a good woman that was Puerto Rican from both sides by grand parents. That changed a thing or two in my diet, nanners was one. MAN, those dude are good fried! (almost as good as zucchini blossoms)  I keep trying to convince her CR is just like PR, I would love to move south. I said she could fry all the bananas I could eat, and I would saw all the Pilon I could find. Nothing yet.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

I'm overdosing on home-grown banana milkshakes.  8)

Fla._Deadheader

When I lived in the States, I couldn't handle Nanners. They would plug me up  ::) ::)

Now, I eat all I can get. Just had 2, since I can't sleep tonight.

In Nam, I boiled a bunch and mashed 'em with Butter. Couldn't tell 'em from mashed taters.

Platano (Plantains) is what ya fry. Then are waaayy sweet.  These are ripenin quick, so, I gotta keep up. They are sweet enough, so satisfy the snack urge.

You get them green here. Eatable when green, just have to test 'em before ya go crazy.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Raider Bill

My second ex wife was from PR, Them Plantains was one of the best parts of the marriage and I got to keep them!
Sliceing up a couple lady finger nanners right now for my ceral. Already had a grapefruit I plucked this morning.
Speaking of Costa Rica, the place I stay while white water rafting is right next to a pineapple plantation, great way to wake in the morning smelling them babies!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!