iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sleep Paralysis

Started by Jeff, March 15, 2018, 11:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I'm surprised one of your dogs don't sense something is wrong.
Good on the posting idea.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

PatD asked me last week "if you had been experiencing any more episodes"?  I said "guess not that you had not mentioned it".  We were both hoping that it had subsided, but now see that it has not.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Lotta stress this last couple weeks, but it is the kind of stress that hpoefully results in a well worth it result.  I'm in the midst of a process that is very important for me personally
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Hilltop366

Stress does weird things, my daughter suffers from high anxiety and panic attacks and when something elevates her stress levels like sleeping away from home she describes some "dreams" that sound similar to what you describe.

Full moon coming up too, suppose it matters?

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

donbj

Quote from: Jeff on February 27, 2021, 08:21:06 AM
Lotta stress this last couple weeks, but it is the kind of stress that hpoefully results in a well worth it result.  I'm in the midst of a process that is very important for me personally
Jeff, just browsed through this thread. What a tough thing to deal with, sorry to see this! May be a shot in the dark but I wonder if it would be worth looking into a type of drug that helps control epilepsy. Some things you describe are kinda similar to what an epileptic seizure can produce. One of our daughters suffered from epilepsy from about 5 yrs of age and in her teens it went away. That was a blessing!
Anyway it might be worth discussing with a doctor that knows his stuff on this subject. I know epilepsy drugs can be useful for other things as well. I wish you well on this, horrible thing to bear.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

mike_belben

photo period definitely alters my psyche
Praise The Lord

Jeff

I'm pretty sure I have been afflicted with this since my earliest memories, occasionally, it can be entertaining but rarely.  Like the dream where I invented the cold plate for keeping milk cold on the counter. :D

Sometimes the events and dreams seem to have weird connections.  For example, I still remember this one, simply because I've related about it a few times over the years, but never wrote about it that I can recall.

The dream was that my very much missed friend Joe Wade, his wife and Tammy and I were some place. It was a huge HUGE expansive building. It had a resort inside. Trees, and boats. Inside!  We started to walk around and I heard a voice call out a greeting. HEY JOE! It said.  Joe was the middle school janitor in Harrison for over 30 years. You can NOT go with Joe Wade ANYWHERE without him running into someone that knows him. "HEY JOE!" the voice called, and it was unmistakably the voice of George W. Bush.  DUBBYA! Joe exclaimed.   At this point I look up around the top of the building and notice people carrying suitcases into rooms that rung the upper perimeter and said, Hey, I gotta go find a bathroom.   If I have to pee, I tend to dream about trying to find a toilet.  In this dream, there was a huge restroom sign. No aearching required. I went to the sign and I went through the door, and saw that I had entered a huge, huge, baren room. A room either so big, or so non-descript, that the walls and ceiling were missing. In the center of the space was a white toilet. No walls or stall. just a stark white toilet in the middle of a huge room with a long line of very tall black men, waiting in a line to use it I guess, but they were just standing in a line. No one using the toilet. I turned, left, and the dream was ended. No paralysis

It was quite sometime later that someone sent me a video of Bill Dance touring what was to become the Bass Pro Pyramid at Memphis.   After watching the video I thought WOW! THIS IS THE PLACE I SAW IN MY DREAM!!  As far as I know, I had never ever heard anything about this place before. Heck, it was still being built I saw.  

I am not a pro basketball fan, so I didn't know that the building had been the home of the "Jazz" who ended up moving to Utah. I was really wanting to go visit the place once it got opened so I did a little research and found this story:

https://theportalist.com/the-memphis-pyramid

The builders of the Memphis Pyramid hoped that it would be that city's answer to such famous landmarks as the Gateway Arch in St. Louis or the Eiffel Tower in Paris, promising a laser light show and homages to the city's musical history. Memphis could use the boost that such an ambitious project would bring—at least, so reasoned its planners.

But the pyramid was plagued with problems from before it even opened its doors. A torrential rain storm delayed construction and plans for shops and amenities in the structure fell through, including a music museum, a shortwave radio station, a nearby theme park, and a Hard Rock café. (Keep that last one in mind, as it will be important later.)  
When the Memphis Pyramid did finally open its doors in 1991, its grand opening was a concert by country duo the Judds. Unfortunately, when a packed house all poured into the restrooms at the same time, the combined stresses of all those flushing toilets proved too much for the city's sewer transfer station. The toilets backed up, flooding the arena with sewage. It seemed that the Memphis Pyramid was off to a less-than-auspicious start.

Bill Dance Tours Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid in Memphis - YouTube

I did get to visit the Pyramid years later on the way to Magicman's and once I entered, knew it was the place I had dreamed about before I even knew about it. I even knew there was a toilet issue... :D

Jeff

Sometimes the dreams reveal revelations. Like this one:

So, I had a dream night before laast that caused me to stop anything else I was doing on M.R. Truck and address what happened in the dream.  I dreamed that one of the little neighbor girls had climbed up in the truck, which they do, because they like the truck. As I was watching, the little head disappeared below the windshield. That's when I heard the engine turn over and saw the truck lurch forward suddenly because she had scooted down in the seat and pushed the start peddle and the truck was in gear.

I have dreams like that all the time about things I never think of while I am awake. In this case, I woke up knowing I had a safety issue.  The starter peddle is wired directly to the starter. There is no neutral safely switch on this truck and shutting the key off only prevents the truck from starting, not from turning over.

So, after short consideration, I've installed a 12 volt shut off switch this morning. I put it in the center of the riser of the seat platform. The key locks in when it is on, and can be removed when in the off position.

snobdds

CBD oil seems to be a wonder drug for Epilepsy and similar conditions.  

It might be worth a shot, some of these poor people with Epilepsy see some dramatic imporvement. 

mike_belben

Ive had dejavu and premonitions since about 5.  The strongest one i experienced many times and then lived it out in real time with an absolute stranger when i was 20, on deployment to the desert.  I spoke the exact words in unison that he said to me, as he said them, like a chant, as i had seen myself do so many times before.  It freaked him right out. 
Praise The Lord

aigheadish

My wife has mentioned that she feels like she has what she describes as sleep paralysis a few times, but she is a pretty light sleeper and I think she may be dreaming she has it. Dreams and our brains are super weird and the timing of things is so strange, in that what could be only a few seconds of wake time could feel like hours in the dream world.

Not to make this any more of a drug themed topic, but I'll say in my younger days MJ would make it so I slept well and I tended to not remember my dreams (which, for me, is good, but I read it isn't for you @Jeff ). It sounds like you are having some mixed results with that. I'd be interested to know if you tried any of the CBD products also? I've also seen documentaries about some semi-recent benefits of psilocybin and ptsd and migraines. Again, from my younger days I experienced those times enough to know that it had huge effects on the way my brain works and none of it in bad ways. 

The whole thing sounds like a pretty terrible experience and I hope you find relief.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Gearbox

Jeff what ever you are going through .I can only pray that it gets sorted out . It's got to be tough not to know when the next one will come . Hang in there you have lots of us behind you .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Old saw fixer

Mike, +1 on the déjà vu and premonitions.  It's spooky.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Jeff

This is kind of my journal on this, so l feel I need to make an entry. After many many weeks of just a few generic episodes, last night was a night I do not want to relive. I'm not willing to relate the particulars, but it was a all night affair. Everytime I got woke up, and went back to sleep, the same theme would pick up where it left off. I was exausted from too much sun working on replacing a friend's 5th wheel roof that was taken out in a barn collapse. I went to bed nauseated at 8am. I feel good this morning and I hope this is behind me. Good days are easily wiped out by a night like that and new nights are feared.

doc henderson

sorry to hear that.  I hope the time lapse means you had a good run, with not as much distress.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Tacotodd

I've heard that stuff like that can be from Aliens  ;)
Trying harder everyday.

doc henderson

I get my migraines after the stress is over.  usually a big seemingly unsurmountable turn of events (common in medicine these days)  and with a change in sleep pattern, irregular, too much or too little.  I have a "holiday" migraine pattern.  I used to get a migraine within an hour of getting grades each semester in college.  I suffered a transient global amnesia episode for 4 hours several months ago.  we under estimate the importance of sleep.  night shift folks do not in general live as long.  not the same as your episodes, but seems to be a sleep disorder.

mike_belben

My years on 3rd shift definitely took their toll, especially when kids came along and sleep was just revoked for days. 

Sorry to hear on the update jeff.  Hope it improves. 
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

Yeah, I would say exhaustion really tossed you to the wolves. Hope things settle down with your night episodes.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

It was just one night. I was on top of a fifth wheel trailer in the sun much of the day yesterday helping replace it. I came home, ate, got nauseous and very tired. I took a shower and crashed on the bed at 8:30. Without my usual nightly rituals. My body was done. My mind was not. Today I tried to keep both equally busy.  If my mind is tired and my body is not, I'm generally good.

Peter Drouin

I thought you were smoking funny things to fix that.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

I didnt that night. I just went to bed, I have since and been ok since as well.

Roxie

What Peter said and don't do that again.  :-*
Say when

HemlockKing

Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 14, 2021, 07:24:29 PM
I thought you were smoking funny things to fix that.
Pretty sure you don't even need to smoke cannabis for that relief, just Cbd oil should give you the effects you're looking for, unless Jeff wants the additional effects as well lol 
A1

Thank You Sponsors!