iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Potatoe Soup

Started by luvmexfood, January 03, 2015, 10:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

For those of you who like potatoe soup while you are cooking it throw in a couple of the froze bisquits from the store.

After they thaw take a heavy duty spoon or spatula and break them up into small pieces. Makes sort of a potatoe dumpling soup. Good hearty meal.

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

WV Sawmiller

LuvMex,

My wife knows better than to feed me a canned biscuit but they do make good dumplings - I told her not to even think about it he first time she slowed down and looked at canned biscuits in the commissary when we were first married. We used to cook blackberries or other fruit, add sugar to taste and tear up the biscuits add to the fruit while boiling and stir till they are done to make a stovetop cobbler. They also do real good for chicken or turkey dumplings when boiled with them. I'm not sure the canned biscuits were better dumplings than homemade ones - they did seem fluffier.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 03, 2015, 12:07:39 PM
LuvMex,

My wife knows better than to feed me a canned biscuit......

I'm guessing she's don't read your posts.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!