iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forwarder chain

Started by furltech, November 26, 2010, 03:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furltech

I am used to operating machines with bogies and tracks.Since the old tj 230 has neither i would like to put a set of chains on the old girl, but i notice that some install them on the front tires and some on the back .all of my tires are pretty good still, so thoughts anyone .thank you .

Gary_C

When I had a four wheeled forwarder I ran chains on the front tires to maximize traction when not loaded plus it helps with steering in slick conditions. Even with a six wheel machine with tracks I sometimes need chains on the front for steering control.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Bobus2003

If you have the Chains or the funds availible.. I run Chains on all four.. makes my little 440 almost unstoppable

Mark K

I run chains on all four during the winter on my TJ 225. I tried just running bear paws on the front but found I couldn't back up and turn being the axles are locked. Would just keep going straight. I sold my bear paws and run pic chains all around this winter. With bear paws on it would go through about anything but I had no slippage and things started to give. I ran pics most of the fall for climbing hills and over top of debris. If just running one set I would put them on the front. It will help out for steering and climbing over debris. You will have plenty of weight on the rear with a hitch on.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Jamie_C

furltech ... chuck the chains on the back set of tires ... in the ground we work on around here you won't get anywhere with them only on the front ... we run them on the back tires of the TJ 610 and they are a saviour especially in hardwood

Corley5

I run them on the front of my forwarders.  Neither my old Mule or my C4D has enough clearance to put them on the back tires.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!