iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Franklin 170/tree farmer C7

Started by Johndale, February 20, 2017, 05:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johndale

Looking for a repair and or parts Manuel for franklin 170 mine has the 8.1 John Deere engine and 4 speed power shift trans when cold it doesnt wanna steer at all but after warmed up it's a lot better but still not as good as I think it should be....I'm thought filter so I replaced one that goes
In top of tank it didn't change... does it have any others? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks

BargeMonkey

Baker and sons. OH - 740-567-3317. I would bet either them or KD in OH has a set of books. The guys at Baker where SHARP about Franklin's, I had a 405 for a while. I talk to a guy who sold a sister to your machine last week on a new deere 648L, he may still have the books or know where they are. I've been pillaging ebay for alot of the older deere books for our iron so I have the complete sets, alot of the book dealers on there buy an entire collection out, alot of times they don't list what they don't think will sell quick, I doubt it would take alot to find a set of books if you called a few of them off there. The 8.1 deere books are easy to come by, Ive got the 4.5, 6.8, 8.1 books on the shelf and would make you copies of what you needed.

Johndale

Thank u very much I kinda would like to have the whole book for the 8.1 I haven't had any problems yet but I no it will happen lol maybe I have the one ur talkin about I just bought it from chance ayers? I'll call baker today and see what they have. Thanks again. Whatever u can copy from your book could u send to jmd.dale@gmail.com

BargeMonkey

He started in one night at 1030 a few weeks ago trying to wheel and deal me into that skidder.  :D :D :D. Its a small world. I figured it went to Deere on his new fleet. That thing is a tank, with that 8.1 it's got to have some wicked power. He just put 2 new tires on the back, it looked good shape. I would be willing to literally send you down the book, you copy what ever you want / need. 👍 We just rebuilt an 8.1 in our 644H, wasn't really that bad. Yeah bakers is the place to call, they need the serial # and the parts guy will pull the line build sheet for that machine, they know their stuff.

Johndale

That would b very helpful I will copy it and send it right back to u. And yes it is a tank!!!  From what I can tell it will pull whatever I put in the grapple and I been puttin as much as I can in it lol the a/c pump whent out of it yesterday I just took it off and put a shorter belt on it for now. The cyl inside the winch that holds th brake needs new packing it leakin real bad but only if I release the brake (he told me it had no
Leaks except steer cyl) lol but other than that it does real good my address is john dale 441 dale lane morrisdale PA 16858

Johndale

And I did call bakers they can't get me any books for that at all!!! Which really sucks!!! I'll keep lookin lol

Johndale

Got steer problem fixed all it was was the hyd filter lol was weird cause all other hyd worked fine but whatever it's fixed and works great lots o power and goes really good!!! I got a real hard to turn down job offer tho so I might b sellin it and a bell feller buncher if I take the job o well no big deal tho it was worth what I paid and I'm sure I can get that back out of it and if I don't sell em that's ok also I'm sure I'll use em again lol

Thank You Sponsors!