Sponsors:

Customer's projects pictures thread

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 11, 2014, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Crusarius

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jim_Rogers

Yesterday, a customer sent me a picture of the white pine slab he made into a table for sitting around his fire pit patio area.
I think it looks ok but not sure if he filled the ant holes or not.

I think we pulled that out of the trash pile when he was here.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Raym

Here is a project I've been working on for a while. It cracks me up that you can take blue stained pine and call it "denim pine" and charge a premium for it. These are 1-3/8 interior pre-hung barn doors. There were 16 total and 3 "sliding" barn doors. All of this lumber I sawed and dried. Really pretty stuff. They are tongue and groove, style and rail construction with floating tenons for additional strength because of the weight. The field is tongue and groove also.

For the barn doors, I make the wheels myself. They are done with 2 layers of white oak glued up cross grain for strength.....enjoy

'14-LT40 super, nyle l200m kiln, vintage case 480E loader.

It's not the fool that askith, it's the fool that agreeith.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Don P

Love the door hardware, pure genius!

btulloh

X2 on the hardware. 

Is that commercial hardware or fabricated?  Looks easy to whip up from scratch. I don't recognize the wheels but they look perfect for indoors. 
HM126

Crusarius

Have any better pictures of the wheels? everything looks phenomenal.

Raym

Quote from: Crusarius on May 29, 2020, 10:51:12 AM
Have any better pictures of the wheels? everything looks phenomenal.
When I started doing these barn doors, I struggled with sourcing the hardware because I didn't want to but it from China. Then one morning, the idea of making them out of wood just appeared to me. I credit the good Lord for that....

Nomad

Raym, I really like those wheels.  Great idea!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

samandothers

Did you use a bushing in the center or rely on the wood?  Router for wheel slot?

Raym

Quote from: samandothers on May 31, 2020, 09:38:52 AM
Did you use a bushing in the center or rely on the wood?  Router for wheel slot?
There is a 7/8" bearing in the center that is pressed in with a 3/8" bolt through hole. The wheel slot is just cut on the lathe, about 1/4" deep.

terrifictimbersllc

Have you had any issue with them cracking along the grain? 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Bruno of NH

The doors and hardware are awesome!
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Raym

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on June 01, 2020, 05:29:55 AM
Have you had any issue with them cracking along the grain?
No. They are made up with 2 layers of 1/2" glued up cross grain. Very solid....

Raym

Didn't get a picture with the customer (this was for a builder so customer want there) but here is another barn door. Loved how this turned out. Not a true bookmatched set but very close. 2 slabs glued up is a whole lot easier to make a door than a true style and rail. Spalted ambrosia maple.

Dana Stanley

Here is a couple Items I made for a photographer friend / client. They will be used in a Santa set up for Christmas portraits.

Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

Dana Stanley

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on May 27, 2020, 11:13:23 AM
Yesterday, a customer sent me a picture of the white pine slab he made into a table for sitting around his fire pit patio area.
I think it looks ok but not sure if he filled the ant holes or not.

I think we pulled that out of the trash pile when he was here.

Jim Rogers
That gives me hope for some of my worm wood! Pine bores.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter

caveman

John and I recently sawed some longleaf pine that was purchased by some friends of ours (former students) to use in the construction of a cabin they are building.  They also picked out a 21' cedar log to place in the center of the structure.

Caveman

doc henderson

nice work @Dana Stanley , that should add to the experience for the kids.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Dana Stanley

Quote from: doc henderson on October 27, 2020, 08:47:37 AM
nice work @Dana Stanley , that should add to the experience for the kids.
Thanks it was fun to make. I want to find more work like that as I enter retirement! This week I'm working on a 12x16 Barn for my wife (a tough customer) timber frame, mortise and tenon. I put a gambrel roof on it, I built one once 30 years ago on a house. I will post in the section for that when I'm done! I could have built 3 - 2x4 buildings in the same time!!! All the first beams I cut w my mill.
Woodland Mills HM-126

Jim_Rogers

A customer sent me a photo of the slab he made into a bar top:

I think he did a nice job.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Crusarius

looks nice but i think its upside down. To easy to set a drink on the edge and lose it.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Crusarius on November 05, 2020, 05:43:47 PMTo easy to set a drink on the edge and lose it.
Sell more drinks that way! ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!