iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pivoting connection

Started by bedway, August 29, 2007, 10:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

Im building the attachment for my log loading/turning winch unit for my mill. Im brainstorming and need some help from everyone. I need the ends of 3" square tubes to come together and be able to pivot/spin. Once ive winched up a log or turned a cant  i need to be able to pivot it back out of the way so the saw head clears it. The inside of the tube is 2 1/2". Is there heavy walled pipe in that OD. thickness?,,bedway

Radar67

I welded a 2 inch receiver hitch to the side of my frame, then built my winch frame to mount in the receiver tube. When the log is loaded or turned, just remove the upright and lay it on the ground.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Dan_Shade

I had a setup very similar to what Stew has on my Hud-son.  It worked well, but I only used it with huge cants.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Sprucegum

You can get any OD pipe you want - it goes by the name Mechanical Tubing and usually cost more than pipe.  :o  :(  You only need a short piece so it shouldn't break you. Your local machine shop can probably fix you up.

Thank You Sponsors!