iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas Tree for Rockefeller Center

Started by Gary_C, November 12, 2009, 02:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Yep, it's that time already. If you wanted to bring your chainsaw and help, your too late. They cut the tree down yesterday. I happened to see the cutting on the local news last night. The tree is a Norway Spruce from Connecticut.

I was shocked when I saw a guy with a chainsaw making a straight cut across that tree and then just backed up and stood there. But then the tree lifted off that stump and went airborne. They had a crane. Now why didn't I think of that?  :D

And if you wanted to help set it up, they did that this morning.  ::)

http://www.newyorkled.com/moreNYseasonal_christmas_Rockefeller-Tree.htm
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

Nova Scotia has always sent one down to Boston since 1973, in gratitude for the relief supplies received from the citizens of Boston after a ship exploded in 1917 following a collision in the Halifax, Nova Scotia Harbor. Part of the city was leveled killing and injuring thousands.

http://www.gov.ns.ca/natr/extension/christmastrees/bostontree.htm
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mrcaptainbob

Huh? What's a Christmas tree? I thought it was formally changed over this year to a Holiday Tree.

easymoney

i thought that the tree huggers would be up in arms about the waste of a tree. what will be done with the tree after the season is over. will it be taken to a landfill or will it be milled into lumber?

J.Hercules

Probably too much blue stain by January - or not a problem in the N.E.?
As I heard the report on the radio I wondered how much did the owner get paid for this fabulous tree? If it had been in my yard that long I would being having a great Christmas!
Jim

easymoney

if it was in my yard no one would cut it down if i could help it. no matter where it was going.

SwampDonkey

All kinds of them, just like it.  8)  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

stonebroke

Most of these Christmas trees are yard trees that have just gotten too big and have to be removed one way or another. They also have to be within a reasonable distance because it is a big deal to move a tree that large.

Stonebroke

Stonebroke

Thank You Sponsors!