iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Living Rainbow: Rainbow Eucalyptus

Started by Jeff, September 23, 2013, 11:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Dan Hudon Sr. sent me this link to a website telling about these beautuful tree's and asked me to start a topic so all of you learn about them as well.  Thanks for the Link Dan!!  God knew what he was doing for sure. :)

Living Rainbow: Rainbow Eucalyptus, Most Beautiful Tree Bark on Earth
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WH_Conley

That's awesome. I never dreamed of anything like that.
Bill

WmFritz

Absolutely breathtaking!  :o  If it weren't for the captions, I would think they were dead trees that were hand painted.

My favorite photo is #16
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wow, you almost need sun glasses. I've never seen this but now I'm showing it to everyone.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

That's the crazes thing I have ever seen , nice, almost looks as nice as the trees in the northeast when the leaves change :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

That was some pretty trees. Very interesting.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Amazing diversity, makes me wonder what other unique trees are growing around the world,  thanks for sharing,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Bill Gaiche

Ron Wenrich

It reminds me of Pacific madrone.  It doesn't have as much color as the eucalyptus, but it does have the reds, browns and greens.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Den Socling

We've seen them on Oahu. I don't know what's more beautiful in Hawaii - the scenery or the women. Oh, yes I do.

Sprucegum

That bark is beautiful but I would like to see the boards - what color are they?

beenthere

Only the bark has the color. The wood beneath the bark is not colored, just wood like eucalyptus.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sixacresand

Nothing to do with this post and I am not a preacher, but In Genesis, a rainbow appears right after the great worldwide flood brought in order to remove sinful and evil-minded man from the earth. It symbolized God's mercy and the covenant He made with Noah (representing mankind) not to destroy the world in such a way again.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

justallan1

I've cut eucalyptus on the coast in California, but it sure didn't look like those. They are beautiful.

Allan

SwampDonkey

I couldn't load the images all the way through, but could see enough to tell what was unfolding in the bark.  :)

As a kid, we liked to ride bicycles around here as in any part of the world. We also had a tree house. At times it was as high as two stories, up in the limbs of some apple trees, supported by poles under the floor. Anyway, one summer night it was full moon as we road our bikes that night,  it was very light outside. We road out across a farm road and came to a place were alder grew. This one night the alder trees were glowing. We didn't know at the time, what it was. But it was foxfire fungus in rotting stems of the alders. It was pretty cool, so we took some pieces back to the tree house to see how long the glow would last. It lasted most of the night, but before morning the light show was over.

Sometimes, you just have to look around ya. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WmFritz

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 25, 2013, 06:17:27 PM

Sometimes, you just have to look around ya. ;)

Words to live by!   smiley_scholar
I like that story.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!