iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Standard MS461 or wait for the CM version? Pro's & Con's of Mtronic?

Started by WoodBurner19, October 15, 2016, 09:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodBurner19

thats right and the m-tronics is constantly adjusting  ;) so which is better set it and forget it or constantly adjusting trying to find peak performance ??? :)
[/quote]

Just so I'm understanding you Sandsawmill, you approve of the M-tronics?
MS 270 C   MS 461,  Remodeling Contractor, Married, 2 kids, 2004 Dodge Deisel, 2013 4X4 KingQuad, Stihl saws, 35 ton 4way Splitter.

sandsawmill14

no i do not approve of any of the auto tune saws ;)  i set mine how i want it ( a little rich according to most folks) and i never have any problems  ;D i am running a 441 mag right now and i have adjusted the carb 2 times since i have had the saw once when i got it and once when i put the new cylinder on it a while back (i let the spark plug get loose and blew it out  smiley_dunce ::) and couldnt make the heli-coil hold over a week or 2 :-\ ) once you get the carb set it will rarely if ever need adjusting. the auto tune is for the epa not for a better saw ::) i will not have an auto tune saw as long as i can get one thats not but i aint going back to cross cut saw because of it :D this is just my opinion and is worth every penny it cost ;D :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

HolmenTree

Well guys I fully approve the M-Tronic/AutoTune technology.
Here's a video of my 5 year old Husqvarna 562XP AutoTune with well over 1500 hours on it and has never had the cylinder removed. Never had to get the AutoTune recalibrated. Only modification is a muffler mod with the spark arrestor screen still retained.

My 12 year old daughter and I made this video in our back yard.
On the saw is a brand new Stihl 23RS .325 chain with a light touch up with a 3/16" file.

https://youtu.be/ROLWSJWyJwQ
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

khntr85

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on October 27, 2016, 08:22:00 PM
Quote from: khntr85 on October 27, 2016, 07:33:23 PM
Man I wish someone around me ran husky so I could see what the 372/390 felt like to me.....as far as messing with the carb settings, 99% of arborist/loggers don't ever touch the settings on the saw!!!!.... yes a few do, but the ones I know put gas and oil in and cut!!!!
thats right and the m-tronics is constantly adjusting  ;) so which is better set it and forget it or constantly adjusting trying to find peak performance ??? :)
Well sir it seems we think alike lol.... now I am not down grading the auto tune, I mean if he has 1500 hours on that saw with the auto tune that is a big statement.... but for me I like to adjust myself, right or wrong I want to be the only one to blame!!!!

SawTroll

Quote from: HolmenTree on October 25, 2016, 10:21:22 AM

Here's some pics of the MS382 Joe, sure looks like a 461 porting to me.
Very nice! ;)

Looks like open transfers to me, which usually isn't good - but those are wide quads, so they may work well with the right duration....
Information collector.

Big Wood

what is it with this site and upside down pics? i literally rotated that pic 90 cause it was on it's side and it's still on it's side   :'(

HolmenTree

Very nice pic Big Wood. Where did you find it????
Looks like from Indonesia. I can make out M, 4 and 2 only

Yes it's a long learning curve to post pics here and definition isn't the greatest either.

sandsawmill14

i didnt see any letters ??? or the chainsaw when i first looked at the pic :o ;D :D :D :D

HolmenTree

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on October 28, 2016, 10:06:27 PM
i didnt see any letters ??? or the chainsaw when i first looked at the pic :o ;D :D :D :D
Yeah I noticed that too :D
It looks like Big wood took the picture from a magazine .
The trick is to take a picture with your phone horizontal with the camera lens to the left and the edit icons etc. on the bottom of the picture. Not on top or to the side. This way the picture will always upload on here right side up.

HolmenTree

sandsawmill14

for the record i am not bashing autotune for you guys who dont want to or dont know how to tune its just not for me and that was just my opinion so dont get offended please  ;D i am sure i will go to to the autotune some day but as i said it will be when its my only option ;) :)

Big Wood

HolmenTree

Quote from: Big Wood on October 29, 2016, 02:08:50 AM
Quote from: HolmenTree on October 28, 2016, 11:29:35 PM
Westcoaster 90 :)

who's that  ;D came from the new 2017 stihl calendar not out to the public yet.
That's awesome.  Thanks for the pic, a very big pic with that MS462 badge on the rewind housing  :)

HolmenTree

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on October 29, 2016, 12:08:39 AM
for the record i am not bashing autotune for you guys who dont want to or dont know how to tune its just not for me and that was just my opinion so dont get offended please  ;D i am sure i will go to to the autotune some day but as i said it will be when its my only option ;) :)
I for one totally respect your opinion sandsawmill.
Tuning the carb technique is right up there with free hand filing.
Temperature fluctuations I'm sure are fairly stable in your Tennessee home . But other parts like up in the Midwest or central Plains like where I am , temps can vary from -40 below to +110 above.

I apprenticed in saw tuning on a Jonsereds 621way back in the early 1970s logging for a living  :D

sandsawmill14

Holmen how did you know i free hand file ??? are you watching me ??? :D :D :D

i know you know your saws but i sometimes for get that everyone doesnt know to tune or sharpen a saw.
i am the 4th generation in my family working with timber so i dont remember not knowing alot of this stuff dont :) get me wrong there is more that i dont know than their is that i know ::)  but i never really started out new to the woods so i didnt experience what some of these guys starting out go through  :) i had to do everything the first time just like every one else but i always had someone with 20-40 yrs experience holding my hand while i did it and that makes a huge difference :)
what i am trying to say is some time i forget that everyone is not lucky as i was and if i sound like i am arguing or being disrespectful i am not meaning to be :)

just wondering how many of you guys ever got tapped on the shoulder while cutting a tree and told saw more to the left or to the right because your cutting to deep on one side and the tree is gonna hang up if you let it go that way ??? :D :D :D but anyway thats how i was taught to cut timber :D :D

HolmenTree

HolmenTree

sandsawmill14

joe_indi

Manually adjusted carb and electronically adjusted ignition timing?

Big Wood

WoodBurner19

When will this MS462 hit our market!!!! Cuz i'm ready to buy one! :)
MS 270 C   MS 461,  Remodeling Contractor, Married, 2 kids, 2004 Dodge Deisel, 2013 4X4 KingQuad, Stihl saws, 35 ton 4way Splitter.

ehp

I just got a 461 arctic and ordering another one , you will not find any Mtronic's or autotune saws around me that are stock . Both my stihl and husky dealers sure are not in love with these saws you cannot set the carb and my husky dealer sure is happy he can still sell the 365/372 xt cause he has yet to sell a 562 that he has not had trouble with . I will be stock piling a bunch more saws that have a carb on them

WoodBurner19

Well guys, my dealer cannot get anymore 461 saws. So this leads to the thinking that the 462 is around
the corner ready to be released.
Any thoughts?

DelawhereJoe

I was just in my Stihl dealer the other day and he had a 461 sitting on the shelf, had a $1080 tag on it too. The dealer sells them with some regularly as I see them sitting on his shelves from time to time. I'd love to pick one up but the trees I cut are no where near large enough or numerous to justify the purchase.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Thank You Sponsors!