iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Shed

Started by stanwelch, May 11, 2015, 09:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

stanwelch

Bents two and three went up a lot faster and easier

this is all I have assembled so far. Will work on bent four that has three posts next week. Taking this week off to fish for salmon on Lake Michigan
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Ox

Very nice!  Thanks for taking the time to post pictures, stanwelch.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

WDH

Catch a mess (Old saying). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

stanwelch

I'll try, Danny. You all have fun at the ??????? Project   I'd like to come sometime sounds like a blast
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

thecfarm

Keep the pictures comming.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

stanwelch

My original intent was to saw rafters for the shed. The prints called for 16 pair of 4x8x16' rafters. After watching the set up of the first bent and taking pictures, my wife said "why don't you just buy trusses?
Smart woman😀😀  the next day I saw an auction of a builder that retired. Guess what he had for sale?

just the right size and 21 of them. Got them for a good price😀😀
Saved about twenty trees and another year at my pace ! Might have shade this summer 8) 8)

gww

Sometimes you just get lucky.  Old saying, I'd rather be lucky then good.
gww

Ox

Wow, of all the luck...
Congrats!
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Dad2FourWI

stanwelch, wow!!!! So nice!!!! My hat is off to you!

and those are some nice trusses!!! ... scissor-trusses I believe...

I just covered my debarker with a plastic bag... and I thought I heard my LT-40 sneeze!  :D :D

We have a FROST warning here tonight... go figure! ... I so want my mill in a shed!!... but siding on the house comes first (at least my boss (er, wife) thinks so!!)

Keep the pics coming - really neat to watch!!!

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

Peter Drouin

Very nice, And I like John I have the same one 5410, Heat & AC, 80 horse 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WmFritz

Stan, I've been wondering how your project has been coming along.
All I can say is WOW! Very impressive.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

stanwelch

I'm taking this week off to do some fishing

I plan to get back at the shed project next week :laugh:

Dad2FourWI

Enjoy the week off!!!!  Looks like you are having some success! ;D ;D

Cheers!,
-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

gww

Stan
Now that picture is just showing off.
Cheers
gww

Ljohnsaw

Nice fish - 16-18#er?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ox

Lordy.  That there would feed us durn near a week.

Don_Papenburg

Shucks ,he just got there that has to be his bait fish so he can get the big one.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Gideon_70

Quote from: stanwelch on May 14, 2015, 11:20:46 PM
I'm taking this week off to do some fishing

I plan to get back at the shed project next week :laugh:

LOL, when you get a good hold down system for that mill that will accommodate a fish, then you will make a LOT of money!
You cannot reduce crime by disarming the victims!

stanwelch

It was a good decision to go fishing this week. We WON the tournament  8) 8) 8)

Ribsy

Wow!!! You are on a roll! I'm gonna get you a "Life Is Good!" t-shirt.
Engaged in tree work, tree removal, milling and and processing said product into high quality and well seasoned lumber slabs and firewood.

WDH

Now (after taxes) you have a little money to burn  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on May 17, 2015, 08:45:57 PM
Now (after taxes) you have a little money to burn  ;D.

You had to set the hook didn't you?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

stanwelch

Money to burn is right. We fished 5 days and boat gas burned up any profits  :D
Fish caught Friday were donated for a Saturday fish fry with proceeds going to the South Haven Boating Foundation which promotes boating and water activities for area youth.  Saturday & Sunday fish were donated to the South Haven Steelheaders Club for a fish boil fundraiser later this summer.
About 70 boats participated this year. The start of the tournament is a shotgun start with all boats at the pier head. Pretty exciting to see that many boats power up and run all at one time 8)

stanwelch

Well time to get back to the shed project.  One beam for bent four didn't survive the winter very well so I needed to replace it. Cut a nice red oak this morning, woke up the Lt15 and milled the 8x8x12' beam. Plan to cut the joints tomorrow and get the bent up.

Thank You Sponsors!