Started by NCDiesel, March 15, 2013, 02:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

NCDiesel

Quote from: JimFX on April 15, 2013, 11:27:56 PM
So did you get your Mill? How do you like it?
I am looking at many and getting opinions so I would like yours!
JimFX

I did get my Cooks MP-32 about 10 days ago.   I sawed up five pine logs so far and LOVE it. 

During my shopping I had test-sawed a Woodmizer LT-15, a Cooks MP-32, and a bigger class TimberKing(2000 I think??).  The TimberKing was used and older but so was the Cooks.  The LT-15 was new.  I liked the Cooks and WM but not the Timberking.  I chose the Cooks because just seemed beefier(the bed especially is MUCH beefier).   I also got electrical up-n-down and the sawing engine was bigger and fuel-injected.  All for a little less money than the LT-15.   I did not like the rope crank deal on the LT15 for moving the head either.  The LT-15 does have a more "professional" finish and styling to it.   But I could find nothing else beside that one attribute to recommend the LT-15 over the MP-32.  In my estimation, the MP-32 beat it in all other categories.

Good luck and I hope this helps,
NCDiesel
Cooks MP-32, 2016 Ram 1500, 6K Kaufman Equip. Trailer, 1995 Bobcat 753 skidsteer 1958 Ford 861 Diesel,
Youth Conservation Corps, Clayton Ranger District, 1977.
I worked sawmills as a teenager and one fall morning I came to work and smelled walnut cutting.  I have loved sawmills ever sinc

MAI

Welcome to the FF NCDiesel. 

two-legged-sawmill

Hello NCDIESEL, Welcome to the Forum, no end to the good info to be had here!
"There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preperation, hard work, and learning from failures"

samandothers

Are we to believe this without pictures!?!  Congrats on the decision and engaging the new tool already!

Migal

:) Welcome to the Forestry Forum, NCDiesel  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

NCDiesel

Quote from: samandothers on April 16, 2013, 09:24:38 PM
Are we to believe this without pictures!?!  Congrats on the decision and engaging the new tool already!

I do have some, but they went on a different thread:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,65797.0.html

I have a few more pics on my gallery too.   Enjoy!
NCDiesel
Cooks MP-32, 2016 Ram 1500, 6K Kaufman Equip. Trailer, 1995 Bobcat 753 skidsteer 1958 Ford 861 Diesel,
Youth Conservation Corps, Clayton Ranger District, 1977.
I worked sawmills as a teenager and one fall morning I came to work and smelled walnut cutting.  I have loved sawmills ever sinc

Thank You Sponsors!