iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fun, Friends & Walnut

Started by Magicman, March 15, 2014, 09:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Then it must be a Hoot Owl  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Andy, the area where we winched your Walnut tree out of the creek got two feet under water Thursday night.  All of my bridge boards washed off and they are now scattered down that creek.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

I could not live in a flood plane like you all do with all the leaves. :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 15, 2014, 10:01:52 PM
The water must come high on the bank at times. Is that just a spring thing? 

QuoteDuring/after a heavy rain that field in the background sometimes gets 2 feet under water.  There is  huge water shead that feeds my creek.  Debris and watermarks are left on the trees, etc. but I have never seen it because my access is also cut off with high water.

The creek banks are 100% dirt.  No rocks or gravel which is why the trees give way and fall into the creek.

Peter, I had forgotten that you had previously asked about the flooding.  During heavy rains, that field does flood, and it did again last week.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Being on a high ridge doesn't save ya, if you get 6". Except it doesn't come flooding in the doors. It comes in from the soil.  Water logged, is water logged, ridge or flood zone. ::)  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Yup, the Cabin is high and dry, as is the great majority of my property.  It's just the creek that overflows.

The good thing is that when it does flood, it is spreading Walnuts from further upstream.   ;D

Andy White

Lynn,
That's a good thing, because the forum needs MORE WALNUT!!!!!        8) 8)     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

WDH

Yes, we all need more walnut (and cherry). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

Maybe you should try growing sweetgum  ;D.

mesquite buckeye

Got some of that too. the biggest one is about 12' tall now. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Cut it while you can. It's the Borg, resistance is futile. Your forest will be assimilated. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

None of us knew when we started this topic that it would become a part of our Memory Lane honoring Andy White.

Thank You Sponsors!