iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new page

Started by snowstorm, November 04, 2014, 07:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

new page agreed to sell its rumford mill along with one in wisconsin. when the verso new page merger goes through to satisfy the feds antitrust laws. seems they would have to much of the coated paper market. my theory is that is why they are closing the bucksport mill. the new owner will be catalyst paper corp of canada   

chester_tree _farmah

I have friend on the railway in these parts. He says Bucksport has been pushing the paper out and stacking cars full of paper in yards all around. Like he has never seen.  The rumor being they want to keep customers happy for 30 days after closing and then they can restart non union. The they could be "different" ownership. Can't imagine the Bucksport mill staying down as it is supposedly pretty profitable.  All hearsay so far. I think East Millinocket mill is done though. Lincoln is down to 200 work force since the boiler fire and the decision not to rebuild the boiler.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

snowstorm

i know some of the inside imfo on gnp. that is looking like a scam rite from the git go. nobody knows who owned what they had so many shell co. i i met the owners of linclon several times they are smart bussiness men

snowstorm

Quote from: chester_tree _farmah on November 04, 2014, 09:22:28 PM
I have friend on the railway in these parts. He says Bucksport has been pushing the paper out and stacking cars full of paper in yards all around. Like he has never seen.  The rumor being they want to keep customers happy for 30 days after closing and then they can restart non union. The they could be "different" ownership. Can't imagine the Bucksport mill staying down as it is supposedly pretty profitable.  All hearsay so far. I think East Millinocket mill is done though. Lincoln is down to 200 work force since the boiler fire and the decision not to rebuild the boiler.
i hope your right on bucksport. the jay mill was union many yes ago. there was a strike and the union was gone after that. it was a mean nasty strike

chester_tree _farmah

Yup. Sad that messing with folks lively hood is just a game to some. :-(
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Thank You Sponsors!