iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New or Used Sawmills??

Started by DavePierce1501, December 14, 2019, 02:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePierce1501

I'm considering upgrading to a hydraulic sawmill, perhaps like a Woodmizer SHD LT40. Is it possible to find a used unit or buy new?  thx!

Remle

Yes their is a used mill available right here on this site . In the "For Sale Section" .
$19,900 Woodmizer Super Hydraulic LT40 with diesel engine for sale 1350 hrs

Magicman

If you can find the sawmill that you want used, I highly recommend giving used careful consideration.  I bought used 18 years ago, no regrets.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I was told one time by one of the manufactures, that their biggest competitor was thier used mills. I'd  bet a high % of members here started with a used mill.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom the Sawyer

Bought mine used, 18 months old with 5 hours on it.  Been very happy with my 2007 TK B20.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

SawyerTed

You could have put what I knew about sawmills in a thimble shot glass when I bought my mill.  I think I chose well but if I had known a little more, I would have bought used.  And had I known about the level of support from manufacturers, I would have bought used. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Chuck White

I bought my mill used 11 years ago, only had 487 hours on it, now it has just over 3,100!

I am the third owner on this mill!

No regrets, still going strong, even though I'm slowing down!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

doc henderson

I bought mine new, but now it is used, so might as well pay less cause the shine will wear off soon enough.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!