iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sky scenes  

Started by Bibbyman, February 15, 2003, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

TexasTimbers,when I click on to Bibbyman pictures,than click properties his comes up 350X262 pixels.The first one in your post comes up 162X80 and than the next ones reads 106X79.I want to see those bigger.Try again.You both have nice pictures.Bibbyman's maybe a bit better because of the Granddaughters.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TexasTimbers

Yeah. I been workin hard today and used up what few cells I had left. It was operator error for sure. ::)

Still pretty though. My sky outside already looks like Bibby's in the pic. Time fly's when things are spinning at 1000mph. :)

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Full moon pictures this morning from the back yard.  :)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

faronskid

Last week as the sun was going down and shinning through the trees my 2 year old came and got me and kept saying "come see, come see."  I thought "wow he has a real apprectiation for nature's beauty,"  that was until he starts yelling "call the firefighter trucks Mommy." :D :D :D  He thought the woods were on fire.
5 rugrats = no dull moments here

SwampDonkey

Next Wednesday is the full moon, Feb 20th. It is also time for another lunar eclipse for us up here in the NE. Lasting 3-4 hours and in full eclipse for around an hour. I think it's around 10:00 pm for us Maritimers.

Just a heads up.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

A typical winter scene in Iowa

We got ice and then snow so when the sun came out the ice on the trees would glow, couldn't quite get it on my camera.

Jeff

Thats a great photo. That tree sure has had some history eh?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

Norm,

is it true that those branches were broken off during a hanging,or did I just make that up? :P
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Quote from: Paul_H on February 17, 2008, 08:15:26 PM
Norm,

is it true that those branches were broken off during a hanging,or did I just make that up? :P
:D :D :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

I always wondered what that leftover rope was doing in the tree Paul. :D

This old red elm just keeps shedding branches but leafs back out each spring. For some reason those don't seem to get the elm disease all the other varieties do here.

TexasTimbers

I've never seen clouds like this here, in May. Looks like snow clouds to me. It's hailing on my shop in little chips right now. No rain. Just tiny bits of hail. Never mind. Turned into rain the instant I typed that. ::)

I am supposed to have a 36" bar buried in a big Elm tree right now, but running chainsaws don't mix well with this stuff . . . .

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

SwampDonkey

Same weather here all week. Todays shows just started as I finished piling up 1.5 cord of furnace wood.

Monday at 4:00 pm I just finished up thinning for the day and it all let loose hard rain and lightening as I drove off the lot, yesterday 3 or 4 showers. Managed to thin 3 acres with the brush saw though in 2.5 days.

Bibbyman

I'z just setting in my chair in the livingroom with I looked out the window to see the Goodyear blimp go past. By the time I got my camera, it had got a little far away. What next?

Update...  I was in error when I said it was the Goodyear blimp.  Mary had the binoculars and when she first looked at it said it was the Goodyear blimp.  A while ago she corrected me.  She now says it was some ad like "The power of if".
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

thedeeredude

Here's some from a state park in Tioga County,Penna.  Caught a 17-1/2" bass that night, too ;)

Ironwood

Great pics all, thanks fer sharing. I guess this is what happens when yer TV goes out, you get better entertainment! I will be gettting a converter box soon, but no real hurry.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

WMcGinn

I've enjoyed looking at the Sky Scene photos on this thread.  
Here, I'll post a contribution.    I took this photo on the Bay of Thailand just south of Bangkok.  
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures...... right next to the Mashed potatoes.

Roxie

Wow.  That's beautiful. 
Say when

Mooseherder

Getting ready to get wet with view of Canola Field off ATV trail in Northern Maine.

Radar67

These are sort of sky scenes. There is sky in the background, at least. ;)

This little bug just kept sitting there, like he was asking to be photographed. My camera helps me relieve stress after a long day locked away in my windowless room at work.

This is the second time I found this dragon fly on the same twig.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Roxie

The detail in that first photo is incredible!  Beautiful! 
Say when

Radar67

You should see the 15 MP version. The hairs on the back of the dragon fly are visible. I like macro photography. Thanks Roxie!

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

LeeB

Can you put pics on the wall in your cube? Take some in there with you. Not as good as being outside but better than looking at the walls.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Radar67

Lee, unfortunately, no. I can't bring anything in, no cell phone, radio, CDs, nada. This one computer is my only link to the outside. Once I get here, I stay until quitting time. A better word to describe it is a vault instead of a cube.

Radar67

Here are a few scenes I shot on the way to the pig roast and on the way home.

The first two are somewhere in Indiana on I-57 North.

And the last is from Huntsville, Alabama.

Thank You Sponsors!