iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hooking Up

Started by Magicman, February 29, 2012, 07:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

I am Mate I am Jesi was worried I would change my mind at times but I keep telling her once I know I want something I dang well make sure I get it  ;) ;D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Wick

2 more. The hitch pin, and make sure the ball "nut" is tight.  :-[
Safety chain test...SAT!!!
Timber Harvester 30HT25

terrifictimbersllc

Also keep looking in the mirror to make sure the mill is back there.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Lambee10

Hauled a load of Christmas trees out of the NC mountains and as we made one sharp turn after another going down hill we were passed by a tire.  It hit the guard rail and shot about 50 feet in the air and down the mountain it went.  I looked at my partner and all he said was "yep, that was one of ours". :D
check lug nuts and tires also, please!
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

Clean Image

OK I'll share...I used to pull a small flat bed trailer with a radial arm saw mounted to the deck, behind the work truck. One day when we were headed home and traffic slowed down to about 40 mph, I was passed by a 10" carbide blade in the left lane doing about 50...luckily it veered off to the side and into the center divider fence never to be seen again (meaning I didn't go back to retrieve it)  ::)

Not only do I count to seven, but also check on anything else that should be bolted down...

D

steve phillips

howdy magic man
i got a story for you on hook up
some time ago when i had a busness , i was looking out the window and as any highway you see all types of autos.
well i seen this dump truck go by the shop and about 3 seconds later behind the dump truck  , a trailor came by with a d4 cat on it . nothing pulling it well it hit the ditch beside the shop and turned over. the guy driving the dump truck went 5 or so miles before he had relized he lost his trailer lol. they flipped everything  back over and the d4 fire right up  lol.
thought you may enjoy that one   8)
if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

Brucer

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on March 05, 2012, 12:34:50 PM

It took me a while to figure out why my neck was so sore anytime I made a long trip with the mill :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Brucer on March 05, 2012, 03:36:36 PM
Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on March 05, 2012, 12:34:50 PM

It took me a while to figure out why my neck was so sore anytime I made a long trip with the mill :D.
Woman checks makeup, man checks mill.   :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Okrafarmer

The same chipper I lost off the dump truck got lain over on its side in the road by one of the other guys I worked with. He took the on ramp a little too fast and his trailer ball actually snapped off, laying the chipper on its side in the road. Inspection of the ball showed a rust streak through half of it, meaning the shaft was not properly strong to begin with, at least before that incident.

That particular ball was bought at  :-X Harbor Fright
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Magicman

:-\  Another cheap Chinese knockoff.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodchuck53

Just this morning during our safety meeting the results of a load test failure on a 80 man lift boat was shared. The supplying vender substituted a d-ring on a hoist assembly for the boat. Thanks goodness they were load testing because one side failed causing the boat to swing down and shear the supports of the second mount sending the boat 90' to the gulf. Total loss of 1/4 million dollar life boat. The ring was bright silver which should have been a dead give away. We are supposed to use only American made Crosby rigging. This was made over seas also. Stay safe.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

eastberkshirecustoms

I have to admit that on occasion I do use some 'import' stuff to save some coin. It is hard not to, and sometimes you just don't know. But when the quality or precision really matters, or it is structural in natural, I try to use made in the good ol' USA products, all the way! I'm curious if they use the same inferior products over there for their own use, or do they have a lower 'export quality' that is shipped to us?

Josef

Reading all these posts about losing tires and such brings back some not so fond memories. Since my mill isn't quite done I don't have any horror stories about it yet so I'll have to expand my repertoire a bit.

Many years ago, back in my teens, I had just become the proud owner of a 1963 Triumph TR3.  Along with the car for the total purchase price of $200 came a set of wire wheels. As soon as I got it running (needed a few minor and major repairs, rustoleum blue paintjob, new engine etc.) I put the wire wheels on and took a friend on a test ride with the top down. Feelin' slicker 'n owl snot, we cruised down to the local hang out and pulled along side a couple cute young ladies in a Mustang on the 4 lane while we were approaching a traffic light. We were acting as cool as possible when the young ladies along side us started laughing hysterically and pointing at my new ride. About then one of my rear tires passed between our cars and went thru the light well ahead of us. I learned then about the reason spinners were both left and right threaded, and that it's really hard to look cool chasing one of your tires down the highway. I think I'd have felt better if I'd totaled the car rather than had to live thru the ribbing for the next week.

Funny how something as innocuous as that will instill a lifelong habit of checking tires on everything I drive and tow.

Joe
In my house I'm the boss, I know this because my wife said so, I only hope she doesn't change her mind!

New to me Timber Harvester that I'm learning to operate, been building a home built mill for a while, should be ready to make sawdust with it someday if I ever quit "modifying" the design.

Thank You Sponsors!