iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Value of Life ??

Started by Magicman, September 03, 2015, 09:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Great to hear that news. Thanks for the update.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ron Scott

Much better readings. Hopefully now on the right med.to keep stable BP.
~Ron

Magicman

We had a slight "bobble" this morning when it went too low.  A couple of hours after she took her meds, she felt lightheaded.  She lay down for a while and it climbed back up into the 120's.  I was about to call 911 if it had not turned around.

Tomorrow is the last of her 14 day prescription supply and she goes to the Doctor Tuesday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Pat had a Dr. visit today.  A few changes were made such as one "as needed" and the other, changed from AM to PM.  We had a long talk and now understand much better what to look for and what to do. 

I am thinking that we need a vacation next week.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

Wow, I hadn't looked at this thread for awhile thinking it was still colonoscopies so didn't know about Pat who rates as one of my favorite grits (girls raised in the south), Kay and I will pray for continued good progress.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

Thanks Gary and Kay.  We have a very busy "rest of the week" but plan to be off RV'ing for a few days next week. 

Magicman

The last med change pushed Pat's BP the wrong way so we are adjusting again.  This is frustrating.   :P

sandsawmill14

sorry to hear that  :-\ hope yall can get it figured out soon :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

We are still in the med adjusting mode with Pat's BP.  It is running in the 150's which is over 100 points lower than the high of 259, but still not where we want it.

fishpharmer

Durn MM, just reading this bad news as well.  Prayers sent for Miss Pat.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

elk42

Thanks for the update MM. I think of it nearly ever day and my son has high BP.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Chuck White

I just stumbled across this one too, Lynn!

That whole episode was pretty scary for quite a while, glad to hear things are getting back to "close" to normal now!

Now that things have settled down a little, you two just need to sit back and relax.

We'll be thinking about the two of you.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Our thanks to all who have voiced concerns and well wishes for Pat.  Pat's BP lowering has been a slow process but thankfully steadily in the right direction.  Several med changes, plus a low salt diet has made a difference.

She has gone from a high of 259/127 down to

this morning.   :)

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Woodhauler

Quote from: Magicman on February 01, 2016, 06:54:13 PM
Our thanks to all who have voiced concerns and well wishes for Pat.  Pat's BP lowering has been a slow process but thankfully steadily in the right direction.  Several med changes, plus a low salt diet has made a difference.

She has gone from a high of 259/127 down to

this morning.   :)
I too had extremely high blood pressure! Mine was higher then that when I drove myself to the er in my log truck in 2013 I think. Spent night and day in hospital and have been ok since.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

sandsawmill14

8) 8) 8) smiley_clapping smiley_blue_bounce  so glad to see numbers like that and has to ease your mind ALOT

Ron Scott

~Ron

Brucer

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

AfraidChocker

Glad your wife is doing better, though this thread is a bit dated I understand. No news is good news they say, and I hope your wife is indeed well.

The topic brought my attention because we live in scary days. In my "real" job, I weld Destroyer for the US Navy and maybe soon Coast Guard Cutters. They need 34 replacements to stay up on current needs, but it is what the commander of the Coast Guard said that is alarming. He said they are required "if America wants to continue to place a premium on life."

Right now, if a ship on the high seas is in peril, they send Coast Guard personnel in rescue. That is because the USA, unlike all countries believes every life is worth trying to rescue. Soon that may not be the case. The reason is money of course, but we are as a nation nearing the lines of "is every life worth trying to save at any cost"? As a Christian, I know the answer, but I worry we are slipping down a slippery slope today.
As a sheep farmer, I have no intentions of arriving at the pearly gates in a well preserved body, rather I am going to slide into heaven sideways with my Kubota tractor, kick the manure out of my muck boots, and loudly proclaim, "Whoo Hoo, another Sheppard has just arrived!"

Magicman

Pat's BP continues to hold at an acceptable level.  Hopefully that trend will continue.

sandsawmill14

thanks for the update mm  :) i was wondering about her this weekend but figured she was doing ok as yall were able to make the trip 8) 8) 8)  glad every everyone had a good time. i wanted to go but my daughters (ages 18 and 13) were on a church trip to gatlinburg about 6 hr trip east and i couldnt make go that far west at the same time :-\ i know i gotta let them grow up sometime but it sure is hard :o

Thank You Sponsors!