iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bringin' up da Wood

Started by Magicman, September 29, 2018, 01:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Ha ha ha!!  Wouldn't you have been surprised if I handed you a big 'old lake trout to keep your head warm!!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Andries

Yeah, Lake Trout don't have much of an "R" insulation value.
 . . .  and would probably give me a fishy-er reputation than I already have.  :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Southside

That could have had "International Incident" written all over it!!   :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Andries

Quote from: nativewolf on October 20, 2019, 12:12:45 PM
Quote from: Andries on October 09, 2019, 10:05:51 PM

Some of us look like this for a short six months of the year, y'know?
Yeah but what do you look like in winter  :D :D :D :D :D

If business is good, in the winter this is what my wife and I look like.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Allagash372XP

Haven't had enough good hard freezes here yet to bring wood close to or in the house. My wife is very anti bug or rodent so we will wait for a couple hard freezes.

WDH

Three little kittens
Lost their mittens
Then they froze to death :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Southside

Twisted... Just like the Sycamore you love so much. :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: WDH on October 20, 2019, 07:49:31 PM
Three little kittens
Lost their mittens
Then they froze to death :).
BUT, not to worry. 
They were found in the spring.
(The mittens, not the kittens.)
(The kittens were carried off by a turkey vulture long before spring.)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

I haven't got the wool out yet guys. ::) It was about 65 here today and the shirts were soaked through. Give it another month. ;) The good old sun kept the house warm today, no fire tonight.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

rjwoelk

6 cord stacked for winter over the weekend.

Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Andries

Quote from: WDH on October 20, 2019, 07:49:31 PM
Three little kittens
Lost their mittens
Then they froze to death :).
Well now, @rjwoelk, see what happens when some unfortunate souls spend far, far too much time in 100 degree F temps?
They're good people really, they'll come back to their version of NORMAL once they cool off! 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

Sorry, I got caught up in that latitude-based rebuttal, rj.
Your system seems to be delivering the goods, well done!
Same wood processor and a new conveyor = a warm winter!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

rjwoelk

looks like you are busy as a beaver. Looks like I got 40 days to go and back on the road. Still have a lot of work to do. But did get lots done. 2 weddings and a set of twins was a busy year.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Corley5

I scooped the end cuts out of the pile with the little loader, fed them to the big loader, and dumped them in the 550.  That will last a little while.  Supposed to have lows in the mid 20s next week.  I've got about 40 face cords on the books and then I'll run off the 30 we need to fill the shed.

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

Wow, I'm glad I brought up plenty of firewood because it is a bone chilling 38° this morning!!!  :o  Yikes!!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hedgerow

Quote from: Magicman on November 01, 2019, 08:05:36 AM
Wow, I'm glad I brought up plenty of firewood because it is a bone chilling 38° this morning!!!  :o  Yikes!!!
A lot of the country is having below normal temp's. It was 18 degrees here the other morning and some wind making the windchill in the single number's. We got lucky and missed the snow so harvest is still going on. 32 this A.M. makes people and equipment a little slow to get going. Got to get this harvest finished and get back to firewood processing before my helper's turn there focus to deer hunting in two weeks. 

John Mc

Meanwhile, it was 65˚F for Halloween here - as warm as I can remember it ever being. I can remember a lot of years wearing winter coats to follow the kids around trick or treating. This was an unusual October for us in that we did not even get a dusting of snow.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thecfarm

Yes I am at 50° this morning. Yes,I had 60-62° last night. A warm Oct. Even when it was raining,most times it was warm. I have seen it rain in Oct and I can't put enough clothes on and be warm. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

We had an all time record setting wet October.  Over 60" for the year and over 12" in October.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Yep, we have had lots of rain in October to, the summer was bone dry, so good for the wells. My well in only 80 feet, and been lucky it has never dried up in my 52 years. And is good water to, no odour or taste to it and now I even run water softener because it is hard water. Sure cuts down on the cleaning and scrubbing from lime scale. :D

Will be putting on an afternoon smudge to take away the dampness. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

We are forecast to see the 30°'s this weekend and low 20°'s next week so I brought up another couple of wheelbarrow loads.  :o

goose63

@Magicman we dont use no stinking wheelbarrow 

BIL need some wood so we went out last weekend and got 5 loads 

Now its deer hunting time 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

GRANITEstateMP

goose63, 

We do things a little different here in NH but I've never had a trailer set up to push / pull ;D
Was the Ford needing a little extra help from the Arien's to get going?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

SwampDonkey

I use a wheel barrow sometimes to gather in the woods, then throw into the bed of the truck. ;D That is when cutting road side. A wheel barrow is a handy thing. ;)

goose63

Well it is a ford :D

With the spillter behind it

Imade that thing 30 years agao
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!