iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very Unique......but he makes a PRETTY PENNY when it sales.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, July 12, 2013, 08:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I just picked up a new customer 3 weeks ago who brings his Cedar logs to be milled.
Randy and his Dad actually restore old tractors to show room condition.

But on the side, Randy is a wood worker. I make it a point to drop in on my customers when I can just to say hello if I'm in their area.

Randy and his Dad are taking their show tractors to a show in Maggie Valley,N.C. this weekend.
He told me to go look in the trailer at his latest build.

Yep....a Cedar tractor with a Cedar wagon.( all he needs now is a CEDARMAN driving it.) He can buy the motors for about a 100 bucks and the wheels are not much he said. He builds and gets what he can for them. Never would tell me a price, but he just grinned.  ;D

Enjoy the pics.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Seaman

I have always said ...Build something people WANT, they will pay more for it than something they NEED.
That is a nice looking project.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Ianab

I showed it to Lil....

Can you imagine the fun a bunch of 4 year olds would have racing around the Kindergarten on that   :D

OSH suggests it's not such a good idea, but still...   :P

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

Some people have way to much money. I wonder if he makes a JD one.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sawguy21

Quote from: Ianab on July 13, 2013, 06:44:04 AM
I showed it to Lil....

Can you imagine the fun a bunch of 4 year olds would have racing around the Kindergarten on that   :D

OSH suggests it's not such a good idea, but still...   :P

Ian
:D Our grand kids would never give it back. That is very nice.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on July 13, 2013, 06:49:31 AM
Some people have way to much money. I wonder if he makes a JD one.  :D

If he made a JOHN DEERE one, it would cost more  :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

justallan1

And true John Deere fashion he could start with green lumber and you could watch it fade. :D

customsawyer

I think the John Deere one should be made out of popular. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on July 14, 2013, 09:17:48 AM
I think the John Deere one should be made out of popular. ;D

I will pass that on.  :)

Or build a Kabota using Osage Orange.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

No question these boys have the vision and means to complete the task, pretty cool lil project,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Thank You Sponsors!